what BOV are you high powered starlets using??

As it stands I have a baileys BOV which is ok for my current setup but with the new kit im going for it will be useless :(

What are you guys using? how powerful is your car?

I wana check some sounds out before i go splashing out :)

got a greddy type s 285bhp sounds awesome

As above Greddy Type S an hope to see 270 - 280 once run in :)

Greddy type s and still running in.

Hmmmmmm seems this maybe the BOV of choice at the moment and typical its hard to get hold of :( lol

HKS SSQV @ 345bhp

What insert do you have in it mate? I quite like the high pitched 'chirp' lol

257bhp Blitz DD but its quiet and unintrusive even without the filter attachment fitment.

Wouldnt recommend it for noise, only for efficiency plus my intercooler pipe is flanged for Blitz only otherwise I'd have a Greddy.

Greddy Type S sounds like the legend of zelda sword slash which is a good thing.

Joz

257bhp Blitz DD but its quiet and unintrusive even without the filter attachment fitment.

Wouldnt recommend it for noise, only for efficiency plus my intercooler pipe is flanged for Blitz only otherwise I'd have a Greddy.

Greddy Type S sounds like the legend of zelda sword slash which is a good thing.

Joz

Lol, I was never a fan of zelda ;) I shall have a look at the blitz though, from what I have seen they make kind of a 'woosh' noise? :wacko: lol

Looks like i will have to get a new one also as i have a Baileys.

Another other BOV that will be fine with 300+ bhp?

John

Yeh, Baileys are crap mate :( I have know for a while that i need a new on as this leaks boost sometimes during motorway driving but have tried to put it off as a new BOV is quite expensive :( haha

Yeh I did have a look mate, but im a bit unsure with the whole screw/silicon pipe thing :(

I have a mint one here that I don't need, it does however need a new diaphragm I believe

Yeah i believe so, even tho i havent seen it yet haha, thats how it is supposed to be anyway :-)

Awesome, I shall ask mike when i next speak to him :)

I have a mint one here that I don't need, it does however need a new diaphragm I believe

How much would you be wanting mate? baring in mind a new diaphragm costs £80 :( lol

Think a new diaphragm costs £50 last time I checked, but I'd be after £80 for it. I know it works out more than Shaun has listed but tbh he's underpriced; it they're worth £130 easy if in good condition

I would keep it for myself but I've run out of student loan and need the cash lol

Edited by Amjad

Think a new diaphragm costs £50 last time I checked, but I'd be after £80 for it. I know it works out more than Shaun has listed but tbh he's underpriced; it they're worth £130 easy if in good condition

I would keep it for myself but I've run out of student loan and need the cash lol

Lol, I dont think im gna be able to help mate with regards to your cashflow problem :( I have just spent my whole lunch break watching videos of the type s in order to try and force myself to like the sound it makes but its just not happening! there is one video where they compare it with a SSQV and that wins hands down with regards to the noise it makes :)

I'll be running a new turbo smart race port on mine.

tial...

BHP - top secret

Boost pressure - top secret

Cheers guys, i shall take a look :)

Edited by mattyD

I picked my car up yesterday mate expecting my ssqv to be on there and it wasnt! Its for sale if you want one :-)

Haha, what? Did you buy it brand new to put on there? How much do you want mate? PM me if ya like :)

No it was already on there mate but wasnt in the right place so was easier to take it off than put a flange on the pipe going to the inlet lol ok i will now :-)