What discs for direct fit levin conversion?

Only needs enough ot the bell to make it sit tight over the hub as this helps centre the disk. just measure the hub and your away :) recomend ebc yellows on a stock or grooved disc. Stops very well.

Forgot to add. levin ae111 twin pots need a small amount dremeling/grinding off the centre rib of the carrier where it sits to the hub. celica gt165 twin pots dont as the carrier is thinner from stock on that part.

Edited by shorty

Its the centre bore needs to be modified im sure? (read the topic and a spacer is needed). And yeah im pretty sure its an Astra aswell mate!(It is an Astra) :)

John

Edited by Johnboy GT

No spacer is needed. its a bit of the inner bell metal think its like .5mm so the bell pysical fits on the hub and yes astra. the centre bore is bigger than a starlets. the facct that the bell sits tight on the hub will centre the disk as apose to the centre bore centering it. an adaptor coller can be made for the centre bore if your that bothered but isnt realy needed as the snug fit prevents travel.

Again no spacer is needed. both me Nd grant ran this set up for ages with no isses atal.

The set up we are discussing does not reqire longer studs or a spacer plate to run just minor milling of the disc hub. the setup in the link is far more hassle imo. ill load pics to make this clearer if i get a chance. this is a much better disc choice an used also by gt phayer and cazzac. a 25x280 astra disc can also be used but the disc needs milling to 260 to work aswell as the bell housing milling mildly. astra discs are a much better setup.

Lol true. Its the astra set up you want rob and its the most direct you will get. spacers behind the disc are a tad dodgey imo. the astra setup means no spacers or arsing around with studs.

Yea sounds like much less hassle just weighing up what options i have and how much there going to realistically cost.

right so a mk 4 astra 1.7 diesel disc turning down the inside of the bell by about 0.5 mm lol

Yep :) grant maybe able to confirm if its .5 for sure but either way it needs to fit snug to the hub as the centre bore is 60 iirc on the astra disc so it wont centre using that. you could have a small filler coller made to sit in the gap of the centre bore but tbh i never bothered. once the disc is turned its nice and centred anyhow.

Ebc yellows are around 95

Gt or levin calipers are 60-160

Discs 50-130

depends how lucky you are sourcing the calipers and what sort of disc and pad you run tbh. could do it for under 200quid if you just want bigger standard style brakes and find good calipers at reasonable cost. the set i sold cazzac where mint levin ones i bought from yahoo auctions. never seen a set so mint!!!!

Your old callipers were minty fresh shorty. I cans remember all the exact sizes of the centre bore and how much to take off the discs. It's not a lot. On my first set of disc I had on my black GT about 3 years ago I had to beat the discs off with a hammer because it was such a snug fit over the hub.

My first set up cost me £140 for every thing.

Edited by turbo Grant

What make of discs are they? I'll cross the number over

Blueprint part number? Looking now

Can't find that number in the book. Only got stock disc part numbers to hand

Mintex part number is MDC1049

Q&H " " BDC4813

TRW " " DF4042

Edited by turbo Grant