Exhaust with no midpipe, How loud?

Currently have a HKS Silent HI-Power on my glanza, fair few engine mods and the noise is lovely when on boost, but its still pretty quiet, If i remove the midpipe it has will it be unbearable in the car for longish journeys etc? I want a louder car, but dont want it to be a compromise.

Opinions?

Silencer then? ;)

All depends mate, had a powerflow that had no silencers except the backbox, but small pipe work and that was almost silent in idle, my

Fujitsubo however has the backbox, plus two more silencers but 2.5" piping and that's a fair bit louder.

If you take it out ill have it off you :)

i wana try make mine quiet enuf to go on track so im planning on trying different mid boxes to bring it down a few db's

by the way im N/A on a custom exhaust with a mid box already but its 103/4db lol

Try taking mid-section out see if u like it I have a power flow system 2.5inch from turbo back with a 3inch back box n sounds beauts and still passed test at donny for track

My first Glanza had a HKS Hi-Silent and I hated how quiet it was. I got the middle box cut out and a straight through pipe put in place and it sounded so much better in every aspect. Here is a quick video I found that I had of it. I can't remember the exact setup at that time but i know it was cat and middle box removed.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GqEpzIVFgQ&feature=youtu.be

That sounds lovely dave, was it much dronier in the car etc? And was it still possilble to pootle around and be reasonably quiet without being obtrusive?

It was no louder in car than before, well unless you had windows down and gave it a boot full. Just pottering about was fine I never got any bother off anyone.

• 3 months later...

Got this done today, 2.5inch straight section of stainless. Very pleased with how it sounds, not mental loud, its the same on tickover and light throttle, on boost its a bit harsher and you get a few pops and bangs, Its spot on, brought the exhaust to life yet its not obtrusive!

Got this done today, 2.5inch straight section of stainless. Very pleased with how it sounds, not mental loud, its the same on tickover and light throttle, on boost its a bit harsher and you get a few pops and bangs, Its spot on, brought the exhaust to life yet its not obtrusive!

lol thats funny, i just got my done last week too, as i said in one of my posts, Not overly different as they Silent Hi-Power arnt very loud boxes, but the note is much nicer and on boost it is louder :D