Reptile Thread

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My self non but few mates with small lizzards, cousin had a bearded dragon for a bit. one of my best mates has a corn snake and another mate had two boha's a 6ft male and an 8 1/2 foot female bloody huge they where!!!

Edited by shorty

Haha yay I can take part in both threads too

Recently bought a 4ft viv home to our female bearded dragon. She's so entertaining and unlike fish it's nice to be able to handle a pet. She's only a baby at the min so not 100% she's a female but if she is we'l get a male to go in with her :)

Do terrapins count in this thread too as although not reptiles there more like them that fish? Lay us some boundaries here stu seen as its your thread :)

my misses wants terrapins i was ment to get her some for her b day called a store they said i could go get them drove 80 miles to get them and they decided to sell there last 2 before i got there :sad:

I have just brought a Male panther ambilobe chameleon, he's so cool! I've had him for a month now. Brought him when he was around 3 and a half months old, so he's now around 4 and a half months. He will start showing his true colours within the next 4 months or so. At the moment he's green with blue stripes and a red belly. But hoping he will be a nice red/orange colour :)

Anyway heres some pics...

This is baby Mylo when I first got him

229812_3605593130874_178210625_a.jpg

and heres some of him in his new home

582181_10151103722873319_225212535_n.jpg

532607_3642716938946_1727686820_n.jpg

And the Chameleon that thinks he's a Monkey lol

603403_3695621541528_418052643_n.jpg

And having some dinner

484107_10151113047743319_1127724618_n.jpg

Edited by AdamB

Right since steve called for rules we will call it at anythin reptilian snake lizard turtle tortoise and weel let the terapins in aswell haha.

I have 2 beardes just over a year old a male and female although the male is about twice the size of the female ill add a few pics in a bit glad to see a few people have came forward lol.

Haha hou my mrs cant stand the insects either but she still loves the lizards there so friendly and calm.Being fair i wish id had somthing like this when i was younger rather than the usual gerbil hamster situation because there jus aggresive wee fucks!

Aren't chameleons like shit violent ? I saw one attack a store adviser in a reptile shop abit ago and he said there all like that ?

Depends on the breed mate, Yemen chemeleons will go for you even if you put your hand in the viv, they are the breed which aren't friendly at all! The panthers are a lot more tame, chilled out nature. Mine at the moment isn't very friendly but they go through a sort of "grumpy puberty" stage which I think he's at now. He's only gone for me once but thats because I really wound him up trying to get him out lol.

Some cool beardies there Stu, can't help but notice you don't have a cage around the basking lamp though? Assuming they can't get near it?

Edited by AdamB

They can actually lie right underneath it and bash off it some times but i was told beardies are good with teperature on their back and that putting a cage round it the cage would just get hot anyway their skin is pretty tough id definately have one for softer skinned lizards.

I've got a 4 year old Crested Gecko called Vincent he's a bit of a character, proper lovely nature loves being handeled. Can be a bit funny if he doesnt no you.

He has only bitten twice and that was when he was eating baby food off my finger so i think he just got over excited about his mango and banana goo lol loves baby food mixed with nutrients but because he is spoiled he wont eat out of a bowl so you have to feed him by hand. As well well as the usual live crickets of course.

Can get annoyed sometimes tho like the other day when i woke him up early to clean him out but his neck goes all red so i just stay clear till he calms down.

Unfortunately am going to have to sell him :( with my new job going to be out the house a lot more and he needs more attention then i can give him :(

Id never thought to feed them baby food ive mainly stuck to the salad locusts n crickets. Think ill give that a go with my female as you can see shes pretty small compared to the male could do with feeding up.

He sound quite cool the my male goes the same way his neck turns black when hes no a happy chappy.

try it he loves it! its the 'Ella' ones in tesco that are the best because they have no additives and you can get the ones that are just mashed up fruit i would avoid anything with rice could make them swell up i imagin so i dont dear try him on it but anything with banana's he cant get enough.

you can get the nutriaints in little bottles from any good reptile shop to your suppose to mix it up with water to make a paste but just add it to the baby food instead, i do a shot glass at a time and if he doesnt eat it can keep it in the fridge for the next day.

Ill need to have a look out i only have an asda and morrisons handy so will see if they have a no added shit baby food range and give it a go. I would normally just give them a dish of salad usual buy a ranch think from asda as its already sliced and doesnt contain lettuce. Ive never tried them on fruit because I was too afraid of the acidity of them.

I just use the powdered nutriens have a tub of nutribal and a tub of calcidust use the nutribal on salad n calcidust on insects but like i said ill try anything to get her to fatten up a bit.

yeah should help to get her a bit bigger with the extra sugar, i notice Vinny doesnt like strawberry based ones so i stick to the smoother fruit like mango, apples etc.

Sorry for a bit off-topic here but do lizards carry salmonella? We had a few at school and was always told not to handle them.. Or maybe because the teachers were afraid of us doing stupid things with them at the age of 14 :lol:

Never really looked into them but they do look cool, don't have the room to have anything though! :/

Aye mate your right they are known to carry salmonella and you needto wash your hands before and after handling them but id say its mainly their droppings your talking about a 1% chance you are more likely to give them germs than they are to give you them. Afterall they are the ones stayin in a sterolised environment.

And on the room front you can keep small geckos in a 2x2ft terrarium that takes up no more space than an old pc monitor. They are probs better off for a low maintenence lizards because chameleons are expensive to buy and beardies will eat you out of house and home. You could go for a monitor though if you have a spare room for the beast haha.

yeah should help to get her a bit bigger with the extra sugar, i notice Vinny doesnt like strawberry based ones so i stick to the smoother fruit like mango, apples etc.

Ill try them with some of that tonight hopefully cheers.

i love chameleons:) i have had two!

my first one i got was when i was 16 called Geroge, he's a veiled chameleon! sadly he got very ill this year and past away:(

IMG_0074.jpg

my dad then gave me his chameleon, he is not that old only a year i think. we named him Junior

IMG_0080.jpg

He loves to climb right ontop of your head!

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

Haha decent I love chameleons they look so fuckin kl lol. They just look like the sloth of the lizard world jus chillin everywhere they go lol.

Whats happened to steve n rubix cube's pics cant be having this fading away lol.

Edited by StuDoc 72

Chameleons are no bother at all. I tried breeding my first chameleon but it didnt happen as the girl freaked out. My dad had two bearded dragons and he breeding them and had about 20 babies :) ill try and find the pics of them they were so cute.

Aye beardies bread like mad from what ive read its pretty easy to have them do it. The trick is stopping them lol as it becomes a hassle when your getting 20 odd hatchling a year theres only so many friends n family that want them lol.