Reptile Thread

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I personally thought this thread needed updating :-P so here we go.

This is Draco the family beardie:

27E8A051-9751-4EA1-940C-3605CDDB3730-576

Mozarrella my San Luis Petosi King Snake:

42C08605-8355-446B-8183-62A3AF288AF3-576

Stripey one of 3 of our Fat Tail Geckos:

DE00B77B-3F13-495B-8C4E-E11AAA87664A-576

The fat tails Viv:

97A184C4-BF03-4C8D-93F9-BD3D2B34FC6E-576

And Del Boy, my giant dead leaf mantis :-) considerably bigger now ill update the pics when I get the chance:

7B722110-9A58-417E-A852-3B45F53887C1-586

I've also got a German Giant Leopard Gecko and my brothers got a Brazilian Salmon pink bird eater, a Russian Rat Snake and 2 fire bellied toads.

I've had loads of stuff in the past too!

Anyone else got anything interesting?

Tried the baby food thing is the baby food you buy watery like a smoothy? The stuff i got was and i poured some in their salad dish but the big one jus sat over it with his face in it slowly licking it they didnt bother with the salad lol. I tried feeding them it from a sppon but he persisted in biting the spoon lol.

Do you get it in like a sort of moose form? I think theyd maybe prefer that lol.

Sorry only just seen this!

it's watery when i get it, i always get the ella ones all natural ingredients. i then mix it up with the nutriant power to make a think paste. done line that he can go through half a shot glass at a time.

i normally do half baby food half powerder and he love it still fussy tho will only eat it off my finger if i put it in the cage he wont touch it

Haha no worries I tried the baby food but like I said it was really watery so I folded lol. Didnt think of mixing it with the powder good idea ill try it.

I put it in a dish an he stood for about 3 hours licking it up then had a red beard untill he got bathed lol.

When I asked for my content to be removed all most post disappeared....here is my Beardy...known to us as Koopa (my cousin's one is called Yoshi)

This is when I got him in Jan 10, he was soo small!!

IMAG0338.jpg
IMAG0339.jpg
IMAG0342.jpg

He has blossomed into a rather awesome wee guy, pretty lazy though. Spends most of his days chilling.

IMG_20121204_125441.jpg

IMG_20121222_201133.jpg

IMG_20121017_173747.jpg

IMG_20120914_105009.jpg

Even the cat is cool with him....

IMG_20121221_163833.jpg

WTF a cat in the viv lol he looks decent though he is very yellow is he bred like that? I was sure they were rarer and more expensive?

Mine was soo small when I got him now hes a beast. My female is still pretty small unfortunately living with a large dominant male stunted her growth so shes small and skinny. Shame the same doesnt happen with her human counterparts lol.

Edited by StuDoc 72

I paid £200 for him, plus a starter kit (viv, food, substrate, lighting etc). Basically the beardy cost me nought :)

When I took him in for boarding when I went on Hols, the shop owner was like "Bastard....I didn't realise when I sold him he was citrus!"

His colours only developed after about 5 months. He varies between orange and yellow depending on his mood LOL I'll try and get some shots of him in various moods when I can.

Oh and the cat decided to dive in while I was dusting some bugs, cheeky wee fucker. They get on when the cat wants to. Otherwise its the cat beating him, or running from him LOL

Edited by Rubix_Cube

Haha decent.

Aye mines go between quite black or very white depending on his mood. The female from black to kinda orangey green depending on hers.

Aye they are just great pets cant recommend them enough to folk.

Edited by StuDoc 72

5.5ft Columbian Red Tailed Boa Constrictor called Slash.

A 1.5-1.7ft Blue tongued skink called Thompson (Lol).

Two adult Tokay gecko morphs, 8 juveniles, no names for any of them.

A Ball Python called Spider-Man (Again, lol).

Two bearded dragons called Bacon and Rasher(Lol x3).

And a Bloodred corn snake juvenile.

Not all at the same time though!

Pics please? Would be good to see

If you're talking to me, I'll dig through Facebook and get them. The most recent was the Bloodred corn who I bought with a few problems with the intent of bringing it back to health (Same as I did with my boa). The snake wouldn't shed as the previous owner didn't remove the first layer of shed when it clearly didn't have a good first shed. Then three or four sheds ended up doing the same thing, so it had several layers of skin wrapped around it whilst it was growing and it was really unhealthy because of it. I sat with it and peeled it all of with shed softener, but it was pretty much dead. Lasted two days after the skin removed, then died. Pics coming soon. They'll be in the order I find them, so sorry if they're jumbled up.

Found a few of slash. Not sure what age she is in these though. I'll find some more recent ones.

95FF6075-BA36-4C00-AD7A-FFCD8985370B-317

6CC0FA62-75AD-43BA-83A2-BE5984450786-317

1769C126-E8F5-4AD6-A32B-2EA9A0F2BB49-317

She so had shedding problems, but lived thankfully. She got really aggressive when she was shedding as her eyes would go cloudy so she couldn't really see much, and if you reached in to get her she would really let you know about it. She would hiss for a few seconds and if you persisted to try take her out, she would strike so fast and smash your hand back. Such a strong snake! I'll get some pics when she was bigger. She was great out of shed, not during. The Tokay's are really bad tempered too. Little f*ckers are fearless!