who's works in a trade?

Yeah man most of the instructors are good guys, johnny is sound always pulling your mum jokes haha. GTG is weird because its owned by arnold clark so you cant really fuck about. In 2nd year out of a 4 year course

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye ano mate i was at the old one in south street for a year before they built the one on south street. You can fuck about if you dont work for arnold clark thats what im saying they have seperate classes for arnold clark n non arnold clark employees. Have you had him come in and visit yous yet? Aye your course wont take 4 years tho its done in 3 to 3 n a haf because your there a week at a time rather than jus 1 day a week.

Mechanic from birth, I lived 20ft from my dads garage from been 3 years old to bee n 25 then I moved 500 yards away. I did 2 yr at collage doing mechanics, welding and engineering from leaving school gave that up to take a full time job at a bus garage repairing service buses where the put me through my bus driving test, stayed there 4 years, Then moved on to a car transporter who moved cars for Toyota, Aston martin, Ferrari, Bentley and many more some may remember there ship sinking and taking every thing with it 2.800 brand new cars! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-151464/Ship-carrying-thousands-cars-sinks-Channel.html I stayed there 2 years and hated it they where all miserable! Then moved onto Volvo truck and bus doing any thing from full engine rebuilds to servicing the job I hate most! I also service and repair the Hybrid buses that run in Leeds most of my work is buses because I worked at a bus garage I am a bus man they think I dont mined I get to hammer em round all the time lol drifting buses is a lot of fun! been at Volvo about 8 years now and still enjoy it most days well nights I work 4 on 4 off on nights.

Aye man, all my college work and tests etc will be done within 3 years, then in work all my job cards will be done soon as possible, so then i will be qualified and then i just need to wait to be time served. Its also quite good how they do week blocks every 4-6 weeks. Also i dont know if the big man himself comes in anymore lol

like shorty said on page 1, im a plumber. trained for my level 2 tech cert at college. still need my nvq's before i have the real mccoy tho :( need an apprenticeship for that tho and they are rare as rockin' horse sh*t!

Same way i learned my trade russel lol workin for your dad is not easy! We used to have some mad arguments. Mainly because its too easy to back chat to your dad than any other boss, if any of the other guys acted like i did toward him they would have been out the door. I was sent home with no bus fare, hours from home a few times rite enough :lol:

Respect my dad for how he did things back then tho if i could change it i wouldnt have been so hard on him, i must have been a little shit at times. after all he put me where i am today

Edited by bucketep91