Pleased With dashlightremoval.co.uk

Mate of mine is starting a new buisness... So some good feedback for him!

Ordered one of these:

http://www.dashlightremoval.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_9&products_id=2

As my Nardi wheel put the airbag light on on the dash...

I have a passenger air bag and pre-tensioners still....

Rather then take the bulb out which is pikey and is still an MOT fail (The light has to self test as part of new MOT rules)

Connected one of there kits up, light self tests and then light went out. Car still thinks the airbag is there :D

Arrived Quickly, Took 30seconds to fit...

Just a heads up for those running nardis and other aftermarket wheels!

Does this fit/clip into the old air bag connectors or somewhere else?

As the previous owner of my car desided it would be an amazing idea to chop up all the airbag wiring and taping over the light, leaving me to remove the light and have no airbag at all!!

Mine still has not arrived yet :( payed on the 18th so i dont know whats happend, just about to send an email over

Was order placed on ebay or store??

Get in touch with him, if somthing is wrong he will just send you out another matey! He is sound!

Does this fit/clip into the old air bag connectors or somewhere else?

As the previous owner of my car desided it would be an amazing idea to chop up all the airbag wiring and taping over the light, leaving me to remove the light and have no airbag at all!!

Clips into the connecto or can be soldered onto the wires!

why do they test to see if the bulb is working? surely they can see if you are running an after market steering wheel that there is no airbag? would this not then make testing of the bulb irrelevant?

Im confused :wacko: lol

why do they test to see if the bulb is working? surely they can see if you are running an after market steering wheel that there is no airbag? would this not then make testing of the bulb irrelevant?

Cus some people are pikey and take bulb out, to get round the test... obviously :)

Read the MOT new rules bud!

Also if the airbag light on on then in some cars none of the airbags deploy. and people still have passenger/side air bags etc in some cars

lol, I get that but it just doesnt make sense to see if the bulb is working even though there clearly isnt an airbag in the steering wheel :wacko:

Whats are working bulb going to do for you in a crash? :wacko:

Was order placed on ebay or store??

Get in touch with him, if somthing is wrong he will just send you out another matey! He is sound!

Clips into the connecto or can be soldered onto the wires!

Thanks for the reply Socks but its sorted now, my fault to be honest my flat mate had it in his room and with him being away in liverpool on the piss he didnt decide to tell me haha bloody moron !

Cheers Aaron

Look at this link, it states the warning lights that are to be checked/working in the mot test -

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/car-servicing-repair/mot-changes-2012.html

But then if you go down to the supplementary restraints bit it states -

"The vehicle will fail the test if any airbag fitted as original equipment is obviously missing or defective."

So it appears that wether or not the bulb is working etc it will still fail if the factory airbag is missing making the aribag dash light bulb test irrelevant.

But then again, if you have an aftermarket steering wheel which is designed not to have an airbag, then it's not missing. Something that isn't supposed to be there can't be missing.

That's where there appears to be some uncertainty

Modified cars have some exceptions i believe... Im unsure of all the ins and outs...

But for sake of a few quid to turn a light off, I know what id rather do then piss about going for a retest :D

Hmmmmm this is true :) My baby is going in for an MOT soon when she is finished and I have no airbag light, although I have never removed the bulb, maybe it just doesnt work? lol! but we shall soon find out wether she has failed or not.................................