Enlighten me on this spec :)

So I'm getting my glanza pretty soonish and since I'm new to this scene coming from the VAG scene I'd like to know if the stuff coming on my glanza is pretty good I kinda know a few bits but would like more feedback off you people who know more haha

Speed vision td04 'L'turbo with water line and oil return, autobahn front mount inter cooler with custom hotside piping, d2 fully adjustable coilovers (hard or soft), Greddy blue emanage ecu mapped by AFR tuning to 219bhp, gizzmo in car electronic boost controller, apexi air filter with cold air feed, XS power alloy triple core radiator, NGK blue ht leads, NGK heat range 8 spark plugs, hks superdragger full exhaust system, front and rear struts braces, rota grid alloys, ebc drilled and grooved discs yellow stuff pads, ap braided lines, competition stage 4 paddle clutch, real carbon bonnet, cobra bucket seats, revotech boost and oil gauges on door pillar, trd front grille, Sony cd player and 6k hid kit.

Thanks

I would ask the current owner what petrol the car was mapped on and stick to it. That power is getting close to where some have had problems with a stock engine as they are at least 14 years old now and most have been driven hard. I'd also have a good look roumd the D2's they will be pretty hard and have also been offered for starlet for quite some time now and i've seen a few leaky ones.

Other than that there is no such thing as a TRD grille and Cobra never made rails for the starlet so i would have a good look at the seat rails as i've seen some very poor home made efforts that i would feel safe sat in!

I would ask the current owner what petrol the car was mapped on and stick to it. That power is getting close to where some have had problems with a stock engine as they are at least 14 years old now and most have been driven hard. I'd also have a good look roumd the D2's they will be pretty hard and have also been offered for starlet for quite some time now and i've seen a few leaky ones.

Other than that there is no such thing as a TRD grille and Cobra never made rails for the starlet so i would have a good look at the seat rails as i've seen some very poor home made efforts that i would feel safe sat in!

And that ^^ lol

yeah sell the rota's to gain man points. pritty similar setup to what i have, just the usual check you should do when buying any turbo car, oil waters cold start warm idle etc check for smoking, get it waarmed up properly and let it idle, get the owner to boost it while you watch

Well the seats are the first thing I'm changing to a new front pair of OMP's :) so that'll soon be sorted. And yeah first things first is a full service on the the thing to give it a check over

sounds like a nice base to start with! just make sure u aint getin mugged for it,people tend to pray on starlet 1st time buyers. as above, check for smoke on idle, also white gunk in the oil cap and major things like engine mounts.

just rmember, bodywork cud b shit as fuck, but its the mechanics thats important. theres alot of boosted starlets for sale so dont jump in without a good long look!

I've seen it on idle quite a few times tbh and never ever seen smoke, I've watched him drive off also on boost and no smoke. I've had a look under the bonnet it was at night but it couldn't look shabby tbh with you all rocker cover could do with a spraying though lol

sounds like a nice base to start with! just make sure u aint getin mugged for it,people tend to pray on starlet 1st time buyers. as above, check for smoke on idle, also white gunk in the oil cap and major things like engine mounts.

just rmember, bodywork cud b shit as fuck, but its the mechanics thats important. theres alot of boosted starlets for sale so dont jump in without a good long look!

White gunk on oil cap? What would that be mate?
  • 3 weeks later...