TD04 WITH STANDARD INTERNALS

I had standard internals on TD04 at 1.1bar, HDI intercooler, FPR and FCD and a coulple of others bits for around a year.

It made 221.4bhp

Toyo sports manifold ( EBAY JOB )

Standard ecu aswell

Engine stayed strong with no problems then i built a forged engine

Edited by Azz

The cut off line for safe power on standard internals is classed roughly around the 240bhp mark. Could be more could be less its based on the general health of the engine in question.

I believe safe boost is anything upto 1.4 on TD04 depending on what your engine will take. You will need to either buy TD04 piping off someone or have your own made up.

The TD04 is the turbo from a subaru so it is an OEM spec turbo therefore is designed for reliability.

Thanks all for replying back giving me the confidence to go td04 with standard internals....But the problem is my radiator was leaking last month and i bought from tuning developments jap speed full sized rad....is ok to go td04 with full sized rad?

im using standard internals,front mount which i believe was meant for an evo,td4 turbo and zisco external wastegate setup,im running 257.1 bhp and im made to believe the highest powered non forged glanza on the tgtt forum which im happy about.soon going td05 1.5 forged. so your now going to need to go td04 because thats when the show begins :D

U can run standard ecu but I would need rrfpr and an fcd then go get your fueling check on a RR if u have the money buy emanage blue if u have a decent amount of money go for emanage ultimate if u have lots of money go stand alone lol

I'm running tdo4 at a bar with stock internals n a cheap td04 kit at 1 bar on emanage blue making 226bhp

I run std internals at a bar on td04 with a power fc making 236bhp.

I ran the standard ecu under fuel cut at about .8bar and it was fine but laggy, get a much batter drive with a map.

I personally wouldn't push much more than a bar but at the end I the day it's down to how good the map is! 1.4bar has been seen but not for that long!

You say you got a rad from tuning developments, is it a full size 40mm alloy rad? I could be wrong but turbo kits that fit a standard rad might not fit with the alloy rad?

I run std internals at a bar on td04 with a power fc making 236bhp.

I ran the standard ecu under fuel cut at about .8bar and it was fine but laggy, get a much batter drive with a map.

I personally wouldn't push much more than a bar but at the end I the day it's down to how good the map is! 1.4bar has been seen but not for that long!

You say you got a rad from tuning developments, is it a full size 40mm alloy rad? I could be wrong but turbo kits that fit a standard rad might not fit with the alloy rad?

Agreed your ally rad will probably be thicker to aid cooling etc so it may be a case of finding a turbo manifold that fits wepr , race tech , u could even give mike a quick bell and ask about there td04 kit as they sold u the rad they may already know if there manifold etc will fit dude

D75F558B-845C-4F69-A6E7-7443E9E3E29F-1054-000001D4701B0B8E.jpg

Standard internals, 1bar of boost with E-manage Blue, TD04l, wepr manifold and turbo smart ext waste gate, fmic, civic rad, rrfpr.

I asked for a safe map too and still got 220hp at the fly.

Edited by Broony

good figures broony with standard internals.how is it coping.

thanks for all the feed back

Really good mate, boost comes in smooth and hard, just how i like it :p but yeah td04 kicks you in the nuts, little bit laggy compared to ct9 but worth the extra power

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...