Starlets Getting Wrote off :(

woke up the other morning to my next door neighbour knocking on the door and said i reversed into your, so i was like ok so i went to have a look and she reversed into my wing so it was pushed over the wheel so she was like il buy u a wing or give you £20, i said £20? i couldnt get postage for £20! she she ranted on so i went to the local accident management centre and went through insurance :p she was gutted wen she saw me pull up in a courtesy car whick is a 1 litre 12valve corsa c,what a NAIL! so anyway theyre writing it off any idea how much im looking for it and coyuld i buy it back :)

Youve shot yourself in the foot mate..

Should of tried to come to some sort of deal first before considering insurance..

Should of had a new wing sprayed and fitted.. and for the hassle a few tidy up jobs while its in the bodyshop

Going through insurance is fine.

When my silver Glanza got wrote off they made me an offer, I said no, its worth more, sent in some pics of it looking all nice and clean, stated its rareness and the fact the nearest one for sale was over 50 miles away and sent in some over priced adverts for other glanza's. In the end they agreed on £3750 which was £50 less than i payed for it 3 years ago!

I then bought it back off insuance for £750, meaning they just pay out £3000, stripped all the modified parts off sold the engine and damaged shell for £600. I sold all the modified parts and made around £1500 I also put a whiplash claim in that paid out £2600.

I then bought a newer better spec Glanza for £3750 meaning I was £3950 up!

My insurance premiums all stayed the same as its none fault.

Just be sensible and dont let insurance rip you off.

Edited by DavidAshton

Going through insurance is fine.

When my silver Glanza got wrote off they made me an offer, I said no, its worth more, sent in some pics of it looking all nice and clean, stated its rareness and the fact the nearest one for sale was over 50 miles away and sent in some over priced adverts for other glanza's. In the end they agreed on £3750 which was £50 less than i payed for it 3 years ago!

I then bought it back off insuance for £750, meaning they just pay out £3000, stripped all the modified parts off sold the engine and damaged shell for £600. I sold all the modified parts and made around £1500 I also put a whiplash claim in that paid out £2600.

I then bought a newer better spec Glanza for £3750 meaning I was £3950 up!

My insurance premiums all stayed the same as its none fault.

Just be sensible and dont let insurance rip you off.

has to be said dave, thats an awesome stunt u pulld! 1 up on the insurers mate, well done! :-)

Im on a traders policy with the company i work with, and i aint declared my points on that :D

So if you had a crash on their policy that was your fault they could void the claim due to not declaring points, insurance will find any way to now pay out

they said it wont affect my insurance :)

But everyone else's went up :p

^Tru dat! I just checked my insurance, as some old dear went up the back of my car at some traffic lights. She admitted full liability, her insurers rang me and sorted the payout, courtesy car etc.

I did a check for my insurance on a comparison site yesterday and my quote on a GT Turbo was £700 with no accident declared and £775 with it on there as a non-fault incident. Chin up lol :/

Edited by uberphil88

Ok, but look at it this way, which sounds better:

"Hey boss, sorry but I have points, it shouldn't make your policy go up"

"Hey boss, just had a bump, oh and I forgot to mention I have points and the insurance is void so you are liable for it, thanks for my P45"