Rotas:

copies of jap wheels = lame.

not as light = lame

not as strong = lame

all of you who are raving about these rotas have obviously never looked at/picked up a proper TE37 or Spoon SW.

people see rota wheels on a car and think "couldnt afford the real thing?"

you get what you pay for at the end of the day. they are cheap and cheerful.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In My opinion, if you personally like the look of them you should go for them! I mean it's your car ain't it!

Rick it is the look of the wheel, who cares who made it aslong as it looks good!

are you serious? what a noob.

so you'd print out a picture of a gorgeous set of wheels and selotape it to your car so it 'looks' like you have nice wheels? but you can't actually drive anywhere, because its paper..... BUT HEY, AT LEAST IT LOOKS GOOD EH!

noob.

seriously, they're made of butter. never would a set of those go anywhere near any of my cars. why would you pay alot of money for a set of wheels, then only have to replace them shortly after because the laquer gets fucked within a few months, or they get kurbed/buckled easily ?

they're cheap american copies, that is all. what rick said is spot on.

I have the whit rota slipstreams on my black gt too, if you have a look in my extreme ep rides you can see what they look like on, one thing i will say is i have to take them off and clean them every couple of weeks to keep them looking new, otherwise white wheels look horrible when they are dirty. They are also very light as well.

funny how the people who actually own rotas dont have a bad word to say...................

to be honest

copies of jap wheels = i dont give a fuck

not as light = i dont give a fuck

not as strong = maybe not as strong but are not as weak as you seem to beleive

i look at my rotas on my car and think........ they look just like the real thing woo hoo, and i havnt paid as much as i would have if they would have been volks double fucking woo woo.

if that makes me an unpure jdm wanna be, then thats what i am, i have no shame in that........... hi im keiran and i am not pure jdm.

there you go theres my opinion, but remember that opinion is the median between knoledge and ignorance.

thanks for you time

love keirz.

Can't believe this argument has made it to a starlet forum...

Thought this would be reserved for the geek JDM fanboys over on civicsportsclub.

Rotas are an excellent low cost alternative to to high end japanese wheels, my rotas are light.. 5kgs each, they are strong, and they cost 300£ with toyo T1-r in mint condition.

If I could afford proper jap wheels I'd have them, but Rotas look ALOT better than wolfrace shite and if people think im cheap... I don't give a f*ck. I dont want to know those people anyway.

very true paseo-wild

they are such a good low cost alternative and thats the reason why they get slated so much too, there faults get exagirated to justify the reason behind spending so much on a real set of jdm rims.

so at the end of the day its.........

gg brand names.

you look at it and think 'oh i've got the looks without spending the money on the real deal, woo hoo'

we look at it and think 'roflz, gg, copies ftl'.

also, if you know what you're doing, you can get jdm wheels for alot less than rota B)

my 11 sets of jdm wheels could've probably 'barely' bought me 2 sets of rota's B)

oh dear, i think we've hit a nerve, mainly because, we're blatently right.

those of you who 'think' you're rota's are light, well, you have a point, but you have to remember, they're cheap for a reason, and light for a reason :lol: take a peek at how the jdm companies make their wheels, look up on 'forging', and compare the process to the steps the american brands like rota take, and you'll realise what we're on about B)

we are horrifically jdm in our thinking, arrogantly so (as you've found out), but its very funny that you're all basically crying over it. B)

kthx.

xx

ha ha.

yeah good one mate. at the end of the day this means nothing. you havnt hit a nerve i just find it funny. yes i know you know your stuff but i have no problems with them from my experience. and at the end of the day if god didnt bless me with the money and way of thinking to buy real jdm wheels, he blessed me in other ways so that this sort of thing dont bother me (you can touch it at jae if that makes you feel better.lol). so laugh all you like im laughing at all this gamer forum geek abbreviations so we are both laughing.

K guys this has gone far enough.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and you've all had your say.

Your wheels are yours only, as long as you're happy with them, thats all that matters :lol:

Back to the topic please.

Joz

First of all Rota are from the Phillipines, and the last time i checked my atlas that was NOT in america...but then i only have a degree and almost completed a masters in geography...so wot do i know eh??????????? "gg"

Personally, im taking on board what Paseo and Keirz AND ecks have said, im hearin both sides of the argument and using them both to try to make a final decision. Keirz and Paseo are providing me with pretty much a review of Rotas based on their own experiences, and on the other hand im hearing ecks's points about why perhaps they are not just as good a construction. i as actual Jap brands which is equally as valid.

i have to say tho im still leaning towards a set of rotas myself, not because they're cheap (hell most of u know how much my last wheels skint me ffs lol!!! and that was for the real mccoy not the look-alike versions of my Konigs) but because i presonnally think the ones i like look cool as fook, and I've seen wot they're a copy of, ecks has shown me, and nice as they are too i prefer the rotas, thats just my own taste, if that makes me non-jdm in some people's eyes well then so be it i guess, im not japanese myself so really anything i do to try to look jdm is essentially gonna be just that...tryin to look like the real thing. if someone wants to come up to me at JAE and point and say 'couldnt afford the real thing??' my reply will be "and...?? wots your point?? do u actually have a valid point to make??" because at the end of the day its my car and if I think it loks cool then i dont care wot some randomer thinks about it, same way as they wouldnt care if i walked up and said "u havnt met iron maiden or judas priest or machine head or megadeth therefore your not pure metal", they wouldnt give a shite and why would they!

so to some up, all points bein made here are of use to me, i.e. someone interested in perhaps buyin some new wheels, lets just not start to make thiings personal guys ok!!!! remember, friendly forum, NOT TGTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil.

well said phil.

this didnt all need to start. a simple explination as to why rotas are not as good as the real thing would have done. instead of just blatantly ripping them and calling them shit like a child. i remember this came up in a post before and ecks explained to me the problems with rotas which i fully take on bored. but in this case childish comments were made by vtrick and ecks joined in as well. people should be ashamed when all thay can do is slag off other peoples stuff when they could just post sound info to help answer. saying they are made of playdough is just a pointless post.

keirz

edited by g-money

your spellings gash mate- go back to school

watch it!! megadeth are sextastic!

just to offer some of the more...special...folk out there, if anyone is still confused about their earth geography and is condescending about geographical matters incorrectly to family and friends, please by all means bring a chair and some refreshments to the rear of my car at JAE and i will be happy to educate u in a very arrogant and condesceding manner CORRECTLY about the geographical matters about which u are most confused!

and its free too!!!! cant say fairer than that now can u!!! everyone welcome!!!! 12pm, sat 21st July, East of England Showgrounds, JAE, UKSC pitch, at the rear of nanglebadger's car.

thank u please!!!

Phil.

sorry im just really really bored and felt like entertaining myself by typin random poo!!! no individual offence intended to anyone, geography is a global matter of importance after all B) B) :lol: maybe i should be a lecturer......hmmmmmmm B) B) B) B) B) B)

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj.jpg

quick chop to apologise for poluting your thread. its not the best chop but it gives an idea i guess. i couldnt quite get that real playdough look im afraid and if you look the back one is a little bent, maybe ecks an vtrrick are right.

Nice try on the chop keirz, here are them on my car :lol: and on the civic

HPIM0341.jpg

I didn't even know that rotas were copys of jdm wheels when i got mine, i bought them because i liked them, and they looked a lot better than the standard wheels. Personally if i had the money i wouldn't buy real jdm alloys purely because unless they are split rims, if you damage one beyond repair it will be expensive and hard to replace. I take on board everyones point but it is down to peoples preferences what wheels they buy, weather it be because of lack of money or because they like the "copys" better than the original ones it would be boring if every starlet had the same jdm wheels on.

watch it!! megadeth are sextastic!

just to offer some of the more...special...folk out there, if anyone is still confused about their earth geography and is condescending about geographical matters incorrectly to family and friends, please by all means bring a chair and some refreshments to the rear of my car at JAE and i will be happy to educate u in a very arrogant and condesceding manner CORRECTLY about the geographical matters about which u are most confused!

and its free too!!!! cant say fairer than that now can u!!! everyone welcome!!!! 12pm, sat 21st July, East of England Showgrounds, JAE, UKSC pitch, at the rear of nanglebadger's car.

thank u please!!!

Phil.

sorry im just really really bored and felt like entertaining myself by typin random poo!!! no individual offence intended to anyone, geography is a global matter of importance after all :lol:B)B) maybe i should be a lecturer......hmmmmmmm B)B)B)B)B)B)

I Was Agreeing about Megadeth! lol!

Can you come to this lecture even if you have no geography problems?

Oh and i think the wheels look good, but deffo needs lowering!