im not on a high horse, im stating fact.

it is fact that the real deal wheels are better than the cheaper copies that rota make.

but, for those people to get the hump about it because i said rotas are not as good (and i stand by that, because they are shit) its not an opinion, its fact. they ARE copies, they ARE NOT as light, they ARE alot weaker, and they are not painted well at all. these are facts. for people to try and be funny about it by saying "lets drive through potholes at 80" to try and say how pointles the benefits of having properly made wheels are is fucking stupid.

I would of thought the second line of that post was obvious B):wub:

Geez have you really gotta keep on :wub:

You have said all that above at least once in this thread, you think Rota's are shit, good for you but have you ever owned a set? doubt it because that would make you unfaithful to the JDM gods :pB)

Yes you may say im biased about Rota's because I own a set bit dont knock things until you try it :p

I am very happy with mine especially with what I paid for them and they are doing their job well ;)

I would say wheels are more of a styling thing rather than performance

How cool would you look buy saying how much our wheels weigh and that they shave less than a hundreth off your QM time???? Not very I can tell you :p:p:p

Can we end this discussion please I think everything that needs to be said has been said B)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing, the reason many of us get wheel's like Rota's, is simply because they have an ideal price for what they're gonna be used for. i mean, let's face it, what's better getting damaged by kerbing etc, some Rota's that you bought for pennies, or some rare JDM items which cost you about a thousand quid, like Rays.

Also, you'd use JDM items more for the track rather than the road, simply because that's what the majority of them were mostly designed for, what withing being forged and all that. And if you're never going to go on a track for a while, then it's fine just getting some cheap copies or whatever.

Moreso for younger drivers like me, who will be prone to making a few mistakes, like the odd scuff here and there. Also, many of us won't have well paid jobs, or won't be earning a lot of money, so wheels like Rota's are a good idea.

I would say wheels are more of a styling thing rather than performance.

i wouldnt, hence why there is a debait about this. i am completely performance orientated.

some people dont care and only want to look flash and others want to go faster.

im really not getting on my high horse. but, there was a question asking about rotas wheels, i gave my opinion, and got flamed. so i just argued back.

i couldnt car eless if people use rotas, its not my car. but i dont like being told im wrong when im not.

how amusing.

guys, what you're forgetting is, this is an open forum, where anyone and everyone can state their opinions, which is why its a far more friendly forum than tgtt - lets not spoil that.

basically, we've stated from the start, that yes rota's are shit in comparison to rays. thats fact, nothing can be changed. we're not flaming you for buying them, or tell you not to, thats your choice, if you want to do that, we dont care, thats your life, you can do whatever the fuck you want, but the fact and truth will still always remain, but yet alot of you still remain touchy over that, like we're insulting you personally.

Now, you may well feel that way, but that just shows how shallow alot of people are. Its a set of fucking wheels, if someone disses wheels, and you get offended, then you need to take a look at your life, because if you worry over someone commenting on your wheels then something is seriously wrong there. its actually pathetic, and for that, i pity you.

For the (second or third) time, you dont have to spend silly money to buy proper jdm wheels, if you bothered to read what i've said. i've had multiple sets of expensive jdm wheels on my starlet (not at the same time ofcourse, i've not exactly got the space to store 11 sets now have i, great way to show your intelligence, you dunce), but they've cost probably less than two sets of rota's, and every set of wheels had decent tyres on them.

Alot of people understand the situation, but many of you are getting offended, which is laughable, and pathetic as i said, we're not on our high horses, we're just educated and research what we buy, its not a persona, its just that we like to know exactly what we're buying, which at the end of the day is common sense. if we were indeed on our high horses, we're be telling you thats you're all mugs etc, but we're not, we're just telling you the facts, by identifying exacty what they are, there's a huge difference between that and being 'uppity', so to speak.

I'll happily help people source wheels if they want, jdm or otherwise, you've only got to ask, prices are generally quite competetive.

i started this post just to get everyones basic opinion and its almost turned in to a riot! i understand that rotas may not be the best but as people have stated thats all i can afford really. ill just get whatever i decide and if people dont like them they doesnt matter. as long as i do

yeah it did get a bit heated!

if rotas are all you can afford thats cool. all we were trying to point out is that they are not really the best wheels. and as harry said. if you look about you can get some nie proper jdm wheels for pretty cheap.

well it is going to be a while before i buy any yet so still havent decided. i hope we can all just forget about it now though. never meant to cause such a big arguement over it only wanted some opinions :wub:

LMFAO :wub:

Aren't some people a bit touchy :wub:

I totally get what Rick and Harrison were saying, talk about getting on your high horse

What they said was right which ever way you look at it, but at the end of the day you buy what you want and you get what you pay for!!

im sorry to carry this on but,

ecks, you say you two are just stating the fact, is it a fact that they are made of playdough..........err no!

is it a fact there shit...........no thats an opinion. give your opinion but dont try and pass opinion as fact because that is what gets people piss off and start stupid forum arguments (which have no winners im afraid)

saying they are shit is not a fact, saing they are not as good as real jdm wheels due to manufacturing reasons and materials which cause them not to be as robust then, yes thats true, there is no issue with that.

yes we would all love real jdm wheels but that doest mean that other non jdm wheels are shit, but think that if you want, why not you are right, your better than all us rota owners so enjoy riding your high horse. what you have put in your earlier posts isnt even being on a high horse it more of a fucking giraffe. lol.

if the facts were stated then there would be no issue, and if you think im just touchy about this subject then yes, what ever if you want to think that then good for you.

but i see it this way..........

real boobs are better than fake boobs in my opinion....................but i would still have a play with both :wub:

peace out my starlet brothers and sisters.

kierz, pack it in mate.

your just re-enforcing what I have said before(and harrison for that matter)... Saying they are playdough is an exaggeration, its quite obvious they are not, stop picking gnat shit out of pepper grinds.. the term was used to demonstrate how much weaker they are compared to forged wheels. which you'll agree is completely true.

AND as stated before, saying they are shit is an opinion. im not passing it off, this is an open forum and i we were all asked for our opinion (as stated before, i see a pattern emerging..)

ive also said that some people on here who own rotas are getting umpy because we were slating them. and you are obviously one of them and have a chip on your shoulder about it.

this was concluded the other day so stop flogging a dead horse, please.

@vtrrick, no i wont pack it in im afraid.

my name is spelt K E I R Z. there you go me being picky again.

it may have been concluded for you but not for me.

i dont have a chip on my shoulder about my rotas, i just dont agree with the comment that they are shit. if you can argue they are shit them i can freely argue against. the difference is i own rotas, you dont. yours is based on your clearly superior knowledge, and mine on the fact that i actually have experience of owning them. so both arguements deserve to be heard. if you class that as having a chip on my shoulder, then thats what i have.

there is no need to be a tosser about it is there. if you wanted to know about something and someone just posted up a stupid post like "its made of monkey poo" it would be of no help at all. there are ways of putting an opinion, or fact across and that is just a poor way about it and is of very little help as possible.

to conclude from my point of view.................

i dont want to have a fued between you and ecks, as i know you both know your stuff and i may require some assistence off you in the future, and i do respect both of your opinions and advise (just not when its put across in a dick head manner so to speak)

peace out keirz

Seeing it's been mentioned in here earlier - I have a question about wheel-buckling (preceded by a short story).

How can you tell if a wheel is buckled?

I'm asking because a couple of weeks ago I had swapped my back to the front and vice-versa to even out the wear. After this I needed to get the wheels balanced so I took it to the garage, and on the way I had to take a right left hand turn onto a narrow street, and I clipped the back wheel on the kerb. I wasn't going fast as the turn into the street was at a traffic light controlled junction that I had stopped at. And it's only a bit scuffed from what I can see.

Anyway, I got the wheels balanced, but there was still juddering at around 70 mph. So the next day I got the tracking re-done too, but that didn't help. The mechanic that carried out the work said that because the car is lowered the camber is offset a bit, and this could cause the judder. Funny thing is that it never juddered before I swapped the wheels over.

I thought nothing more of the judder, and passed it off to the camber problem, until I read this thread about the 'playdough' wheels and noticed the term wheel-buckling. Since then all that's been going round in the back of my head is that my wheel might be buckled.

Any thoughts people?

opinions are like arseholes, everyones got one.

This thread got heated beacuse VTRick and ecksjay didnt simply say 'Rotas are inferior quality compared to high end japanese wheels' they came out with comments like "they are shit".

Just childish elitists.

I think everyone will agree that high end japanese wheels are better than rotas, but rotas are still fit for purpose, as all the owners of them on here have confirmed.

:lol: