lol JDM PURISTS i think..

Ive had my slipstreams for well over a year now.

Matt black, Never had the paint chip once, never buckled one and ive had a few close encounters on a track day last year.

As Keirz said, who cares if there a copy.

Come on, ive seen SPARCO crimsons buckle insane amounts from hitting a small object in the road. We know who that was im sure.

If you hit a fooking tree in the middle of the road, i wouldnt worry about your wheels :lol:

If you like the rotas, get them!

And your "done to death" comment, im sorry but i have seen more TE37's in the past month on jdm cars around my area then i have piked up novas with neons...

And let me tell you theres ALOT of chavved up nova's!

funnily enough, not seen one set of rotas on any.

If you dislike a company for example, of course your not going to have a good word to say about them.. more than likely EVER.Once you have a grudge youre not going to lose it easily.

and to be honest. 4.7 each wheel is more than light enough for me.There not exactly hooge 17's are they!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(oh my god i really like that photo! thanks for doing that. definetly 100000% needs lowering tho lol)

It is lowered 40mm lol just waiting for the springs to settle.

i didnt mean your car i meant mine lol

oops lol thought you meant mine from the pic :lol:

oh thats not to bad actually. i wish i could have a whole respray really. my mate has just had his whole skyline repainted for £600 cant believe it.. ill post a picture.

06555.jpg

LOL Rob!

Can I firstly just say thank you for such an entertaining thread! Seriously, I am very amused!

To all those looking new wheels -

Why are you buying them?

If your looking an attractive set of wheels to make the car look good - buy accordingly.

If your looking a sturdy wheel that will takes years of off-road abuse, kerbing and allow you you drive into every pothole you see at 80Mph - buy accordingly.

If your looking a very light wheel that will shave 0.00000000000002583 seconds of a lap or 1/4 mile time - buy accordingly.

If your a rich bastard and have the money/resources/contacts to buy a wheel that meets all of the above criteria and get it shipped from Japan - fair play. Just don't get on your high horse and get all arrogant to those that can't.

Damn! I hate being poor right now!

If your a rich bastard and have the money/resources/contacts to buy a wheel that meets all of the above criteria and get it shipped from Japan - fair play. Just don't get on your high horse and get all arrogant to those that can't.

im not on a high horse, im stating fact.

it is fact that the real deal wheels are better than the cheaper copies that rota make.

now, i understand that not everyone can afford them and thats fine. but, for those people to get the hump about it because i said rotas are not as good (and i stand by that, because they are shit) its not an opinion, its fact. they ARE copies, they ARE NOT as light, they ARE alot weaker, and they are not painted well at all. these are facts. for people to try and be funny about it by saying "lets drive through potholes at 80" to try and say how pointles the benefits of having properly made wheels are is fucking stupid.

do you want a venture BOV or a blitz one? do you want a cheapo no-name core, or a Greddy/blitz intercooler kit? or how about a set of teins as opposed to some spax lowering springs?

they are better products, thats why people want them, and the same applies for wheels.

those who are trying to point out that the benefits are marginal, are wasting their time. the benefits are there, and that is why this topic got so heated.

i personally am a JDM fanboy, so i wouldnt have a set of rotas, because they are shit. but thats just me. but everyone has to admit/understand that the real JDM forged wheels are better, and anyone who cant admit that is either stupid or in denial (because they own a set of rotas).

tcfurleif

im not on a high horse, im stating fact.

But you are on your high horse - you are trying to belittle the purchase of wheels that would suit the needs of many of the users here!

That's why I posted what I did.

I never once said that the 'real' JDM wheels weren't superior. If someone wanted good looking wheels there is no reason against them if they fit that purpose.

Forged wheels would be great, but of course they are more expensive.

At the end of the day, most of us see rims/alloys/wheels as styling accessories for our cars, we are not all intensively performance orientated or jdm whores although we may like to be. Nice alloys really do change the appearance of a car.

Some say the wheels make the whole car, and others say the opposite.

At the end of the day, its your money and your opinion that counts.

Dont get backed into a corner just because someone says "oh those are shite". Everyone is different and so are their tastes.

I would recommend doing a little shopping around and get an overall picture of the kind of rim you are after and choose from a good selection in your budget range.

Of course recommendations from mates and people you trust is cool, but if you like em that bad, dont let anyone change your mind for anything, if they look shit hot to you then go for em, or if you want the very best then save those pennys. Its also a good idea to get a photoshop done (like most people do) to get a better idea of how they will look. Make sure the offset and pcd etc are suitable, you may need spigot rings for them.

I don't skimp on my car as some of you know I have some nice plans, I would happily save £1000 for some Rays but I can't justify that for what they are, I would be content with Rotas and a lot of people would too, many who already own them would agree also. More expensive rims will be better, stronger and of course the real thing, but that doesnt mean that other brands or imitation brands will not be just as enjoyable...

Happy Shopping

Joz