The guy who put my tdo4 on had a custom sports cat made for such and occasion, so come mot time i just have to put the sports cat in,

Generally speaking go to the more back street mot'ers and not the high street rip offs. just ask them if they say no keep looking , you will find one

august 92 i think is when no matter what they dont need one after that as long as they can meet the emissions then by law its fine no car needs a cat it just has to meet emisions to be road legal if you get my drift

but find a frienldy mot chap and explain what you have got they may help

august 92 i think is when no matter what they dont need one after that as long as they can meet the emissions then by law its fine no car needs a cat it just has to meet emisions to be road legal if you get my drift

but find a frienldy mot chap and explain what you have got they may help

A visual CAT check is part of the test now. So if your car had a CAT and you've removed it, they will fail it. (If they spot it)

how longs this been in for mate i have a good mate do my tests now and yes they never fail even my land rover that set on fire whilst been tested lol he just said he had alreay tested that bit and it passed two min earlier but i had a series of cars i lost the cat on and this was apart of the test sum years back

Now uv had a fail it's logged on a computer

So I'll be lucky to get some one to do it now that it's been logged

Shit that ruins my plan, I've been offered to have mine done by a place that will barely look at the car, so I was going to have it passed there, but then have it done at another place and obviously failed for the cat, just to ensure the car is safe, I take it thats not gonna be ideal now lol

how longs this been in for mate i have a good mate do my tests now and yes they never fail even my land rover that set on fire whilst been tested lol he just said he had alreay tested that bit and it passed two min earlier but i had a series of cars i lost the cat on and this was apart of the test sum years back

Brought it in Jan this year, most will be looking for decat pipes as that gives it away. That's if they can be bothered to look.

Id rather a tester checked my car over fully so u no its all safe And not hanging in peices

In my eyes the cat should be the only defect everything else needs to be mint !

If a tester don't look at everything else he's an ignorant cunt ! And don't deserve his ticket

Edited by MARK@CMBAUTOS

It dosent need a CAT for UK MOT rules, if they cant match the engine code to that off a UK car in their computer system then they cant test the emissions and it has a basic idle test.

MOT station obviosuly dont know there MOT rules properly.

It dosent need a CAT for UK MOT rules, if they cant match the engine code to that off a UK car in their computer system then they cant test the emissions and it has a basic idle test.

Yeah took it somewhere else and they just did a basic emissions test on it and it passed :)

Edited by Stefan_s

this^^^^ take it somewhere that knows what they are talking about :)