Stevo's New Glanza project started (pics) little update

Hi, i bought a 97 Glanza about three weeks ago and already the modding bug has bitten once again.

I will try and make a thread of how it comes along.

Heres the car has i bought it, shocking stick on vents.

Also not so keen on the wheels.

IMG_2482.png

IMG_2483.png

Anyway, i did'nt mind has all i wanted was a good shell to work on in White http://www.ukstarletowners.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.png

More of the bad,

IMG_2418.jpg

IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2420.jpg

Rear brakes both sides useless.

Air filter (make your own mind up on this one http://www.ukstarletowners.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/cray.gif )

Both CV Boots torn.

So onwards to a bit of TLC, first up was a full service, all belts, oil filter, oil, water, gearbox oil, etc

2 new CV boots

New rear discs and pads, also checked the function of the caliper's (bearings fitted)

IMG_2422.jpg

In the mean time while waiting on some suspension, has the TRD coilovers have seen better days, Daz who is working on the car measured up my old Evo 8 intercooler, a free upgrade in a way.

IMG_2477.jpg

We are now working on the hard pipes on both sides of the cooler.

I have been looking through the forums and came across Socks car, and also a video of restoing the headlights, so today i went along to Daz,s with the sand paper and compound.

IMG_2490.jpg

IMG_2489.jpg

IMG_2495.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

Green and merky I thought id at least try and have a go at them. Also i took the indicater lenses apart to clean out the mould.

IMG_2498.jpg

Very happy with the results, i will get the head lights better, just need a buffer instead of a rag http://www.ukstarletowners.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/biggrin.gif

Edited by Stevo_n

The wiper arms are also in need some attention, only got to remove them today though.

IMG_2499.jpg

IMG_2501.jpg

I will try and get these back to a resonable colour next week.

Thanks for looking, hope to get it on the road for a few test miles in the next week or so.

Ahh i rember this from ebay, there is a thread on here i'm sure and we all laughed at the state of it.

Really glad someone has rescued this and is giving it a really good much needed overhaul. Any plans for it after you have sorted it out?

Ahh i rember this from ebay, there is a thread on here i'm sure and we all laughed at the state of it.

Really glad someone has rescued this and is giving it a really good much needed overhaul. Any plans for it after you have sorted it out?

Not suprised, we have been having a good laugh has its been worked on, the drive home was hilarious with no rear dampers(no oil)!!

New suspension next week,

Hard pipes finished,

Give it a few road miles then hopefully,,

A forged engine,

Refresh the turbo or a new one,

LSD,

Omex standalone,

Gauges to moniter

New wheels next summer i think, no point coming upto winter.

Varis front bumper, wanted a 98 spec but think ive changed my mind.

A few bits missed but its a project so all in good time. Heres a new air intake system for you, its 500bhp rated :lol:

IMG_2431.jpg

Looks good bud, please please get rid off those awful wheels though haha :)

Who the hell would put those on any car ill never know, but has i don't really care about the look at the moment, ill use them till summer.

Its going to be a daily runner, a bit of cheap fun I hope. (touches wood) :D

I have seen some Ultralites in white, 15's multi spokes that look nice. Don't want to be refurnishing them though come summer, if we get one!!!

Edited by Stevo_n

I put the thread up glad its been saved :D

Seen it yeah, all the other white glanza's where miles away, this one was nearly Newcastle. Good shell and tidy interior was main points, the rest will keep me going for a while.

What about these?

http://www.japshop.co.uk/acatalog/ULTRALITE_15_INCH_WHEELS.html

Nice start mate an glad your saving it!!! but them rims :(

John

I know bud, there shocking, Just want it running right first, doing all the mechanical bits, plus fitting a omex to get it running where i want it.

What do you think to the link above?

Yes yes and yes to the wheels I thinks socks are like or even are those wheels sure he will confirm though :)

I really like the muliti spokes, there very similer to the Rota force i have. Has anyone got any pics of a white Glanza with comp 5 spokes on?

Just having a browse at your build thread, another good Glanza. See you have been to Alan@enginetuner??

I really like the muliti spokes, there very similer to the Rota force i have. Has anyone got any pics of a white Glanza with comp 5 spokes on?

Just having a browse at your build thread, another good Glanza. See you have been to Alan@enginetuner??

i have bud but only when i first got it to have it sorted out for eml light they dont want to no unless you got a scooby my garage of choice is tuning devlopments well worth the epic drive there and back :D

Just not a fan of the ultralites, but thats my opinion, and if you like them then get them :D

No problem, each to there own hey. I will get something soon.

i have bud but only when i first got it to have it sorted out for eml light they dont want to no unless you got a scooby my garage of choice is tuning devlopments well worth the epic drive there and back :D

I know there into there Subaru's, they do a bit with the Evo's aswell. Alan is a top bloke to deal with. His son has got a starlet 4 wheel drive i think. He used to use it in competition i believe.

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=427613&page=3

Post 32.

Ive got mine in at a garage ive used for years for my Evo, but im sure TD are very capable bud. :thumbsup:

TD are the nuts such nice guys and got me 233.4 bhp and 210ftlb :D good luck with yours though bud :)

Cheers pal, will see how it comes along. :thumbsup:

If you are casting away one of those 90 degree pipes from the air filter mod haha i will take it!

Good base to start with though, mine was worse than this tbh.

Good luck

John

ill see if we still have them and send you a pm :thumbsup:

AWESOME! Glad somone is saving it :) Whoever put that filter set up and them wheels on it should not own a car.

Looking forward to seeing you put your stamp on it dude, plans sound good

Cheers bud, yes it was in a mess, the wheels are shocking. only good thing about the filter was the amount of noise with it been on the bumper. still a joke though.

UPDATE.

Wiper arms resprayed, also resprayed my old 8 intercooler to freshen it up.

Not be much more till hardpipes are finished and suspension fitted. Unless the Omex go's on before the few test miles :D

Bit of an update, nothing major but coming on steady.

Bonnet vents removed!!! :yahoo:

IMG_2545.jpg

Scuttle panel removed to clean and colour.

IMG_2547.jpg

Intercooler sprayed and mounted. Also re fitted the headlights and indicators.

IMG_2548.jpg

Just waiting for the suspension and hardpipes to be finished then it should be out for a test drive.

Edited by Stevo_n