Jamie's 335bhp White GT

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maxed out the VF now that's what I like to hear, looking forward to seeing some power updates

Haha so do i mate its still there having some more changes done and remapped should be done by the weekend

Any luck finding some wheels mate?

No mate im still looking for a set

I know what you had done, it's awesome lol! I had it done to mine ;)

Haha :)

Saw this at t.d the other day, sounds like a fucking Subaru with that funky ass idle man. Sounds amazing!! And looks so good too. Proper piece of art man, love it.

P.s - What's up brah ;).

:) cheers mate far from a scooby lol they have been removed now and smaller cams fitted ,Thanks rob i appreciate it

:) you no

Upload the vid Jamie .

I would mate if it was back having a few more changes made :)

Hoping to pick it up this saturday / sunday as my birthday is monday so would be nice

So I have been after a carpet for the GT for quite some time now as japfest is 5 weeks away I really need one for that, I have had no luck I went to Toyota and tried to buy a brand new one but was told they are discontinued and if they were available the price would have been £485 + vat. So I got in contact with conor to try and source me one, he hadn’t had much luck either he had one for his own RWD GT, Anyway he said I could have it , So we come up with a price and it was mine

Conor said the carpet was filthy around the driver’s footwell so he took it to his valeter today. He said he will wet vac the carpet and shampoo it and thoroughly clean it for me

image_zps6eed4a4e.jpg

image_zpscb5eaa04.jpg

image_zps1e36b78c.jpg

Got my spare wishbones to be powder coated up and poly bushed

DSCN1779_zps887956cf.jpg

Also got my tom's grill in primer just needs paint now :)

DSCN1776_zps5bc78a28.jpg

And gave the fuel pump cover a coat of paint to freshen it up

DSCN1774_zps27e361a2.jpg

All comment welcome

Just gets better n better Jamie

Thanks dude its getting there now

Aww jamie u on same cams as me now?!? Mike did tell me yours were so aggressive as hell they were a nightmare ahah!! ;) hope all is goin well! Love your GT! :) :)

Yea buddy same spec as you now them 282 were a killer , Aye pal they were a pain in the ass , Im good pal hope your well buddy : Thanks pal :thumbsup:

Little update

Finally got around to fitting my clear indicators and personal steering wheel

DSCN1780_zps1a2e0ddf.jpg

DSCN1782_zpsa2052434.jpg

DSCN1781_zps0f1edf77.jpg

DSCN1783_zpscc5f4834.jpg

DSCN1784_zps49ace47d.jpg

All comment welcome

Looking good there Jamie...

So you've taken out some 282cams? in favour of?

I assume its been retuned to suite?

Any differences in power or powerband?

Thanks matt appreciate it

Yes pal 282 have been removed for some 244s

It made less power but feels a lot quicker now ,The powerband is crazy now a hell of a lot bigger and better and the driveability is great now :)

Yeh Jamie... Its amazing isn't it how different setups can perform better on the road, despite having less power! All about the powerband mate!

Good to see the car home! Get that carpet back in it :)

Defo pal, its crazy just how much difference it make's , To be fair it feels a hell of lot quicker now then it did :) ,

Thanks mate its great to have it home , It will be going back in once I have painted it that's this weeks job :)

How is yours coming along matt all done or they still doing azz's Glanza ? ?

Defo pal, its crazy just how much difference it make's , To be fair it feels a hell of lot quicker now then it did :) ,

Thanks mate its great to have it home , It will be going back in once I have painted it that's this weeks job :)

How is yours coming along matt all done or they still doing azz's Glanza ? ?

I'm waiting on a replacement part from the states so I've got no idea who's car they have been doing this last 3 weeks buddy

I'm waiting on a replacement part from the states so I've got no idea who's car they have been doing this last 3 weeks buddy

Not good then mate , Hope she is done soon for you

get the camera out jamie mad for some vids off this boosting

Video on my facebook from a tunnel run tonight :)

Edited by Jamie_VF22

Oooooh videos :)

:)

Little update

So I’ve got the car back now had a few changes. Nick spotted a small crack in the exhaust manifold around the wastegate so he had that welded up for me and it’s good as new. I’ve had the 282 cams taken out and replaced them with some smaller custom spec cams to make it more of an everyday car, The lag has been reduced by 1000rpm from 5500rpm to 4500rpm limiter still set at 7800rpm and now she is ace to drive and I had it remapped figure’s below, The fuel economy is much better now and the driveability is ace and I have more of a useable powerband and I’m over the moon with it now

It made a little less power than before 315bhp @1.4 bar and I’m more than happy with it for now J we will see what happens at the end of the year I might go bigger or I might not we will see

More update’s to come as Me and my mate have finished his turbo civic now so I can crack on with getting things done on mine now ,

All comments welcome

Jamie

:)

Little update

So I’ve got the car back now had a few changes. Nick spotted a small crack in the exhaust manifold around the wastegate so he had that welded up for me and it’s good as new. I’ve had the 282 cams taken out and replaced them with some smaller custom spec cams to make it more of an everyday car, The lag has been reduced by 1000rpm from 5500rpm to 4500rpm limiter still set at 7800rpm and now she is ace to drive and I had it remapped figure’s below, The fuel economy is much better now and the driveability is ace and I have more of a useable powerband and I’m over the moon with it now

It made a little less power than before 315bhp @1.4 bar and I’m more than happy with it for now J we will see what happens at the end of the year I might go bigger or I might not we will see

More update’s to come as Me and my mate have finished his turbo civic now so I can crack on with getting things done on mine now ,

All comments welcome

Jamie

Cams have to be carefully spec'd to suit so many other parts. If your not careful all you'll do is move your powerband further up the rev range. Sometimes completely out of the turbo or engines reach! Taking away its driveability!

Hat goes off to you dude for changing a car, loosing 20bhp to gain more driveability! Something that not many people on here would do!

What are your plans for this year then? Enjoy it?

Good to hear your happy with the new spec mate.

I say it time and time again that people spec the wrong cams, you really need no more than 240 degrees on a road car. You may have lost 20bhp up top but I bet you gained a fair few ponies in the mid range to make up for it, that's why it feels so much better.

What is the lift on these new cams?

Edited by AdamB

Cams have to be carefully spec'd to suit so many other parts. If your not careful all you'll do is move your powerband further up the rev range. Sometimes completely out of the turbo or engines reach! Taking away its driveability!

Hat goes off to you dude for changing a car, loosing 20bhp to gain more driveability! Something that not many people on here would do!

What are your plans for this year then? Enjoy it?

Absolutely agree with you there matt they do need to be spec'd correctly

Thanks pal appreciate it , Aye mate most people would have left it as it was but there is no point in me driving a car that im not happy with :)

At the end of the day the 282 cams is what i wanted we tryed it and it was'nt for me hence why i went smaller :) , Even with the 20bhp loss trust me it feels a hell of lot quicker with that power band :)

Plans are to leave it as it for this year matt , Im just concentrating on tidying her up for show season buddy then winer time turbo change i think

Good to hear your happy with the new spec mate.

I say it time and time again that people spec the wrong cams, you really need no more than 240 degrees on a road car. You may have lost 20bhp up top but I bet you gained a fair few ponies in the mid range to make up for it, that's why it feels so much better.

What is the lift on these new cams?

Thanks adam Aye 240 are perfect

Yes pal thery were for drag use not road use lol we tried and it was'nt for me

Mate it feels like a new car it's mega the power band has totally changed pal very happy with it now

I've had 244s fitted and 9mm lift :) perfect set up for road use in my opinion buddy

Awsome results as usual matey and I bet it's more of a beast to drive than it was before :)

Thanks pal , Aye mate its so must more usable and so much more fun to drive im over the moon with it now

somebody fire up the tunnel vid.

Phil

Yea if someome could do that as i dont no how to do it as my mate uploaded it to my facebook

Thanks adam Aye 240 are perfect

Yes pal thery were for drag use not road use lol we tried and it was'nt for me

Mate it feels like a new car it's mega the power band has totally changed pal very happy with it now

I've had 244s fitted and 9mm lift :) perfect set up for road use in my opinion buddy

Awesome man, you going Japfest? Will have to catch up with you pal.

Yeah anything more than 260 degrees on a turbo motor is really for drag. That's a nice lift to have, anything between 8.7-9.2mm is good for a fast road setup :)

Awesome man, you going Japfest? Will have to catch up with you pal.

Yeah anything more than 260 degrees on a turbo motor is really for drag. That's a nice lift to have, anything between 8.7-9.2mm is good for a fast road setup :)

Cheers adam mate , Yes pal i am going this year for sure :) Hope to see you there mate

Yes you are right mate anything more then that is asking for trouble , Aye mate it is some good lift , As you say great for fast road set up :) and it is perfect