low revs, oil light flicker, dim lights

Yeah you can only try i suppose :)

What your temp like on the gauge Ryan? if the temp sensor had gone it wouldnt go above the C and your revs/choke would be on makeing it rev over 1200rpm.

Also the oil light wouldnt flicker if the coolent temp had gone!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checked your oil level? Lol sounds simple but we all always over look the simple bits. also dont forget is earths behind the dash and near the ecu etc. defo sounds like a charging issue of some type. battery failing to charge maybe?

Hmm so its only going up abit? abit more when your sat still im gessing? and soon as you drive it go's down?

Just i though my temp sensor was on its way as i was haveing the same problem with it idleing above 1000rpm! But rather then paying 70pound for a new one from toyota i thought i go for the cheapest thing first and that was the thermostat!

So got my self a new thermo and why i was there i took the temp sensor out give it a clean with some Brasso put it all together and sure enough my temp gauge was just under half way again :) also my car warms up much quicker!!! must of been stook open allowing water to bypass constantly!

You might have the same problem!!! also you might have another problem somewhere elss thats making the oil light flicker so get one job done first then look for the other :)

i put a new thermo in around 3 weeks ago when i did the head :/ gunna try another sensor because im sure i have one sat about :)

Have you checked the compresson since you done the head gasket?

nooo :/ will do it tuesday

No harm in trying a new sensor if you have one spare :)

And yeah id also check the compression! if thats turns out to be ok (and i hope it dose) and you put a new temp sensor in and thats fixes that problem!

If its struggling to start then maybe timeing is out?

I know im going into depth abit here but you have to try and look at all aspects i suppose

Winter project? Stick at it matey you wont be disappointed when shes in runnig form!!!

Better stronger faster as they say :) its just a bitch because the money you spent on the HG etc could of gone towards an new engine or something instead!!!