right well as this is the second starlet this year, suppose i better start a project thread, im starting everything from scratch because then its done how i want everything lol. well first here's a few pics of the cr and how it stands now, only have a couple tonight, rest are on my camera at work

20120808_165304.jpg17072012051.jpg17072012052.jpg17072012050.jpg17072012049.jpg03072012026.jpg05072012029.jpg03072012020.jpg03072012021.jpg

i painted the engine bay, you will see tomorrow what it looks like when i upload the rest

my plan for the car is fully forged fingers crossed getting my engine at the end of october

then to send this turbo off to zisco for a custom manifold side exit and screamer out the bumper to

IMAG0017-2.jpg

the new turbo is on the left compared with a td04, makes the td04 look like a baby

i have managed to get my hands on a cusco diff in box already will be getting that soon, as well as a avc-r, have been told there good, so why not

i am currently awaiting my drive shafts to be made (titanium) so they dont snap.

i got my drivers seat installed on custom rails made by myself, took and good three quarters of a day to make one side but needed to be perfect

20120808_165200.jpg

just to let everyone know, that next year i will be competing at santa pod in the championship in sportsman et in this car i aim for high 12's, i was runner up in 2011, and i plan to get the championship ( i wish ) lol

the power i aiming for is around 360-380 bhp on the holset setup

i have a few more things to say, but not gonna until i have them or they are fitted in the car

well like always please leave your feedback and tell us what you think

jake http://www.ukstarletowners.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.png

Edited by Jhandy

Ro55ifumi there will be updates daily dude. So you can expect good stuff to happen

Pick1 about the snail only thing I'm worried about is trying to get it to spool but fingers crossed will be ok

Is that a holset gx30 ? What flange are they? Ive never thought about using one till just now lol, high 12's on street tyres i assume ?

I believe its a Hx30w. And I haven't made my mind up. Maybe slicks might try both because slicks can actually slow u down Edited by Jhandy

Well just a little update if I can get borrow some money off the bank of dad hopfully can get my engine this weekend. Also been in talks with Keith from zisco and he is making me a custom turbo kit to my spec for a very good price

Should have some pics soon :)

well tonight i finally finished off spraying my bulk head black, was gonna stay white, but thought it looked weird lol

heres some pics

IMAG0044.jpgIMAG0045-1.jpgIMAG0046.jpgIMAG0050.jpgIMAG0051-1.jpgIMAG0052-1.jpg

am picking my engine up sat afternoon, gonna change the head gasket on that, and while the heads off, gonna respray the block, andone got any colours in mind

gonna keep the head silver

had my discs grooved the other day and happy with them

IMAG0053-2.jpg

and i stuck my stickers on

IMAG0035-1.jpg

the car is coming along slowly, should have my gearbox and coilovers withen the next month, along with my civic half rad, and a high flow fuel rail

i will be needing a clutch that can handle around 360bhp, so anyone got one let us know

jake

Speck to mike at td they got clutch kit special on including flywheel I getting the same off them once funds allow

I will give them a try. In having a few bits off them soon. So will talk then about it dude
  • 4 weeks later...

Well got a small update for now. Got my front coilovers fitted tonight and on Saturday got my passanger seat frame made and all bolted in. Pics to follow tonorow as on my phone. Making progress slowly hopefully withen the next.couple of weeks will have some big updates

Well finally I can get my engine. Seems like everytime i get some money together a bloody bill needs to be paid. So I'm collecting it tomorrow after noon can't wait. Will get some pics up tomorrow night

well picked up my engine everything seemed fine, took sump off to make sure everything was forged and checked one of the shells for bronzing and there was none, so i was happy, but when i came to strip it done and further investigation showed that the bearings wernt acl and the crank bolts are not arp, i sent pics to morph and he said they look standard

pics

DSCN04431.jpgDSCN04421.jpgDSCN04411.jpgDSCN04401.jpgDSCN04391.jpgDSCN04381.jpgDSCN04381.jpgDSCN04371.jpgDSCN04361.jpg

it was very coked up i have cleaned 3 of the pictons so far, but im waiting to hear back from the person i got the engine off about the shells and the bearings

• 1 month later...

well havent updated this recently due to money and time, i had one thing go wrong got all my new bits to build up my bottom end. as i was torqing down the crank i had a arp bolt snap on me so im waiting to here back from them to see whats happening. then hopefully by the end of jan if everything goes to plan i should have my gearbox and my engine built

then all i need is my clutch and both front mounts and the engine can go in

jake