Just got a section 59..

Just got pulled by the police for the first time :( I was on a mountain near me which is 60mph and I was having a bit of fun, hardly going fast really, then a police van passed me on the other side, whipped it around and then it drops to 40 and there's one of those speed signs and it read 44 he said so he pulled me and said that he saw me last night bombing it down somewhere and he tried to catch me but couldn't apparently, so when he saw me tonight he gave me a section 59, I didn't bother argueing with him because I was so nervous as I've never really Been pulled :p

He thought it was a proper glanza though which I was pleased about, starting saying how he knows how nippy it was etc, and I was like its just an n/a it's a glanza rep and he was like well your driving it like its a turbo! :p

Meh I know they give section 59's out alot, but of I get one more he said they take the car so it's put me down a bit :/ I'm not a boy racer or anything

Do section 59's cover an area of things? Like cruises etc? Because I've heard of people getting one for them, so if I got one because I was at a cruise would my car be taken off me? It just doesn't seem fair tbh. I don't know just wanted more info on them really :)

round here its seize and you got to pay like £150 to get it back. My S59 was invlaid as the PCSO came to my house a week later and i told him to get the F**k out my house so he never signed the coppy as he didnt no what to do with me screaming at him haha making it invalid :D bloody jobs worth he was.

Hahah lucky for you then! :p

He didn't give me any paperwork because he said he didn't have the forms on him, so does that mean that he will be coming round to my house for me to sign something etc?

Thanks for clearing that up anyway mate ;) never been pulled over before so it was a bit scary haha :p I think it just must be the fact it's a modified car and he recognised me again because he was saying about the black bonnet Etc Etc and probably thought it was a lot faster than it is haha

If I'm right in saying the police can't give you a section 59 for yesterday because they have no evidance unless its on a camera or somethings and for you doing 44 in a 40 ain't illegal because you are aloud 10% so what's 10% of 40. It's 44 lol. You should have argued mate

I've always been told its 3 and they impound ya car and it works on the driver not the car the reason I say that is cuz I've had to n don't car the car taken away but then again they give em out round here like smarties

Is actualy 10%+2 to allow for inacuracey in speedo's. also dont panic davey if theres no paper work issued then your fine dude. if he does turn up to issue paperwork another day just stay very calm and polite and ask to see some evidence supporting the reasoning for the section 59 and plesently remind him its his job to show evidence supporting an offence not your job to show evidence supporting innocence. also check the paperwork carefuly as any spelling mistakes of personal info will void it as its not your details then.

Tbh should of just eaten him like a true lyger ;) rooooar!

I got one of these handed out to me a while back mate. I never got any paperwork handed to me either but I gave them there dues as try had caught me for doing something wrong. But they instructed me that it's attached to you and your car for 12 months. Which means if u get caught driving anyone else's car wrongly or someone else gets caught driving your car wrongly. Either car that is involved can be seized. So basically you behave for 12 months and they will not take any other action. Get stopped and then they will remove the car your in. I got caught at 11 months for nothing. 2 cops in a marked cop car were dealing with someone at the side of the road. They tried to say that I had pulled off a junction next to them and wheel spun every gear away from where they were. They had no evidence and it took them 4 days to get untouched with me to say that I'd done something wrong. Ofcourse I argued the case as I hast done anything, but they seized my car anyway. Cost me 115 to get it back but I just followed the toe truck to the depo and got it straight away. Good thing about getting that tho. After they seized my car they took away my section 59 and I've never seen them since. I suppose after an hour and 50 mins of arguing with them they didn't really want to get involved with comin near me again. I told them I'd been stopped 17 times in 17 months and not once had I done anything wrong and it was classed as harassment not givin me reasons why they stopped me. Just doin it for fun I suppose.

There bull shit I had 1 for screamer pipe they only last a year and don't really

Seem to be kept on record as I know people who have had over 3 with no impounding or nothing they usually ask you if you have heard or had 1 before if you say no they just give you it thinking its your first 1 this is talking from experience with mates lol

Dean

Hahahahaha shorty! Lyger!!! :p

Thanks for all the info guys it's cleared it up a lot, I've heard some things about them so basicly there just something the police can hand out whenever they want.

And I've thought about it and I didn't actually do anything wrong, he said i bombed it past him the other day, and I was going so fast he couldn't catch up with me, that's a lie because I remember seeing him and thinking nothing of it, but to do my journey I made a few consecutive left and right turns so that's why he coulent catch me. But probably thought I ran from him and when he saw me last night and saw the 44mph he was going to pull me regardless. But he was nice to me so I was nice to him.

One question though, do you think I will get pulled more regularly now? Because ill be on the system sort of thing?

What mountain was that mate?

I wouldnt worry, coppers around our way are tossers :)

Ive had a few, through no fault of my own..

Speed kills remember.. so stick to the limit next time ;)

It was up Caerphilly mountain mate, I was only passing through there and he got me where it drops back down to 40 coming into thornhill :p

Now I've thought about it I'm not too worried anymore, just one of those things like, the joys of having a modified car eh ;)

There's your problem..don't go to caerphilly :p

Nah mate don't worry about it, just a written warning..get 3 of them and your car will get impounded.

My mate has had it done 3 times now, just had to pay 150 each time I think :)

I've found the Police around this way to be arseholes when it comes to these, had my Glanza taken off me for apparently bombing around Cardiff city centre causing danger to revellers...the fact I hadn't been anywhere near the bastard place made it that much worse but they don't need any proof of anything to give you one sadly. I even got threatened with one when I wasn't even out in my car, I was a passenger in my mates and they threatened me with one! Laughed that one off and they weren't none too pleased with my "lack of respect" as they put it...wankers.

He probably thought you had been up there dogging anyways and wanted to put a downer on the good time you had just had! :p

Speed saves lives actualy! For instance......................

7yr old girl crossing the road in a well lit residential area, if a car doing 30mph hits her there is a chance she will live! However if a car is doing 40mph in the 30mph area it would have driven past 4 mins earlier. saving her life and avoiding the accident! Fact!

I had a section 59 before. Asbo warning. I was driving through town on my way to get food nice n slowly... like granny pace, followed me pulled me over n said they followed me in their 'unmarked' astra the night before and I was causing havoc driving like a loon... I was at a party that night so I wasn't even out. I argued made it worse they got arsy n checked the car over insurance etc, . So o stopped n just started being friendly. They sent a letter to my house stating i was on a asbo thing and any car I'm driving or in gets stopped would be impounded or crushed... Wankers. Lasted 1 year ... Why not pull me over straight away of your following me isn't it??

I had a S59 on my moped for being in a carpark chatting with some mates, i wouldnt worry about it.. unfortuantly its one of them things owning a *loud modded car* you get steriotyped by the police . ive been pulled twice in the last 6months and i was minding my own business

Edited by Max9650

i had one on my glanza after i overtook an unmarked car twice and they couldnt catch me =D, thing is a section 59 sticks with the driver aswell as the car as ive been warned many times by the po-po when ive been pulled =/

I got one early this year for bouncing on the limiter through town on a Friday night lol (I'd not long had the screamer, scaring people, having fun etc) and an unmarked car got me. Since then I've not been pulled but had some very close calls. Maybe had to avoid situations a few times.... Has calmed me down in certain places etc. Still give it some on back roads providing time and place seems right etc... Just be careful. Get another chances are they'd rather give you a hefty fine to get it back rather than crush it.