All

Having looked at the thread on what direction you would like the club to do, the above idea was thrown in to the pot.

The one stumbling block on the idea is below cost:

Just to give an idea on rough costs (based on an April meet):

Blyton - £4500 - Run about 40 cars, camping £5pp

Cadwell - £9000 - Run about 65 cars

Any other main tracks are a complete fortune and any closer to Summer and prices rise!!

(Thanks to Hou for the above)

As you can see from above this is not a cheap day/weekend, for it to go ahead we would need commitment from people including possibly a 50% Deposit, (Please Bear In Mind How Many Dropped Out Last Year)

As a club we can not subsidise the event as we don't have the funds available.

As said unless the commitment is here then it will not be achievable.

Please feed back as to members thoughts on the above

UKSO Team

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i may not have a starlet but i have an ep :p

id come and im sure alot of people would especialy if you start taking diposits,

if you can get the numbers for.blyton im sure between me and hou we can find the rest of the places, i know loads of civic boys that would be interested

i may not have a starlet but i have an ep :p

id come and im sure alot of people would especialy if you start taking diposits,

if you can get the numbers for.blyton im sure between me and hou we can find the rest of the places, i know loads of civic boys that would be interested

Sorting a day wouldn't be an issue, I think they wanted it mainly starlets though

Will be speaking to you in the future about other days we run though Jack ;)

Only thing I can think of is start a list for those that would deffinately be up for track and who would be willing to give a large deposit towards there place to see if Ukso could get the numbers required

Being a Med student living away from home I don't get a lot of free time unfortunately, weekends are a no go and all holidays before Summer are used to revise :(

I said August/July as it would give me a chance to get the GT roadworthy and taxed/tested in time but no worries dude

Edited by Socks

I would be up for anywhere really. Havent done coombe yet but thats one of my musts! Cadwell Park is an amazing track, i loved it!

What about Mallory Park? Thats a fantastic track for starlets and probably cheaper?

ouch! expensive.

here in NI at Kirkistown there are days run by "Trackskills", where essentially you register with them for a year (maybe £100) and then for ~£50 you can run what you have each time they hold a day at Kirky (pretty regular I believe). this therefore makes it MUCH cheaper than the £9000 above.

is there nothing similar to this on the mainland that you could all arrange to meet at/join and hold an event along side? just a thought.

here is a link for more exact prices as i was just estimating:

http://www.trackskills.com/

Phil.