• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is if no scotish boys come then we are all driving miles up country for no reason lol. not trying to be awkward just saying its a long way from a large number of members. you will get more interest if its not as far.

Think we need an interested list with name and location first befor a track is named imo as you have an idea where people are based. 500mile round trip in fuel + fuel on track + track day purchase means some of us our looking at closer to 300 for a 100 opl day.

I understand it is a massive drive for people, that is the problem with having members all over the shop. The only way to do other tracks though is to get a group buy discount but that may scrap the BBQ etc idea as there will be a burger van and stronger rules. The other problem is that if I am to be filling places I will have about 4 for Blyton already from Scotland on CCUK (Some came down for the last 2)

If you want to throw up some alternative track ideas I can find out prices and number of cars needed to do it no problem

im in

1) james + 1

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

also would i need to buy 2 track tickets as the mrs will want a crack on track at some point :)

In your motor? If so second drivers are usually free

I'm from southern England and that distance isn't too bad, not too far from Cadwell and I managed that drive fine. Only thing is I would probably get a hotel room and go up the night before to make it easier if anyone else would be interested?

Just thought i would throw this in the mix, i usually do an early spring track day every year with Pembrey. Its a great track and works out about £120 for the full day open pit, or you can also have the option of doing a half day, morning or afternoon for £60, bloody bargain if you ask me. So nearly 4 hours on track for £60!

Edited by Taggy

Just thought i would throw this in the mix, i usually do an early spring track day every year with Pembrey. Its a great track and works out about £120 for the full day open pit, or you can also have the option of doing a half day, morning or afternoon for £60, bloody bargain if you ask me. So nearly 4 hours on track for £60!

But it is miles away from EVERYWHERE :p

Distance to Pembrey:

Cardiff - 59.7

Southampton - 191

London - 206

Leeds - 291

Newcastle - 376

Edinburgh - 455

Lol pembury is closer to the souther regions and leeds is only 40-50 miles further from pembury than southampton to blyton lol. my concern is a big distance will cost a bomb in my car with a short ratio gearbox lol. the miles itself doest bother me if it was another car. I've bout all my cars from right up north and scotland so long drives arnt an issue. fuel costs are :(

I know people want to get the biggest group of us together a possible, but what about having two separate events?

One up north a bit and one more southern midlands area?

Do them a few weeks apart incase anyone who wants to do both has some time to sort their car or funds etc out...

I'm from southern England and that distance isn't too bad, not too far from Cadwell and I managed that drive fine. Only thing is I would probably get a hotel room and go up the night before to make it easier if anyone else would be interested?

we will more than likely do the same :) save getting up at stupid o clock to drive 200+ miles lol few beers night before then :D

• 4 weeks later...

Right, exams are out of the way so time to start pushing this forward. Are people still interested? I am going to book a day at Blyton at the end of April either way and then it is up to you guys if you want to come and make it UKSOtastic