• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ouch! expensive.

here in NI at Kirkistown there are days run by "Trackskills", where essentially you register with them for a year (maybe £100) and then for ~£50 you can run what you have each time they hold a day at Kirky (pretty regular I believe). this therefore makes it MUCH cheaper than the £9000 above.

is there nothing similar to this on the mainland that you could all arrange to meet at/join and hold an event along side? just a thought.

here is a link for more exact prices as i was just estimating:

http://www.trackskills.com/

Phil.

That is £105 for 4x15 mins sessions though Phil, this will be £100 for a full day OPL. I have normally done 4x 15 mins stints by 11am :p

Make it an ep day( ep82, ep91 and ep3 ).

Id be game depending on noise limits......

Noise limits at Blyton are 105db static so not many will have an issue and are you saying EP day just so Jack can come? :p

I will have no problems with filling a day, but the last 2 I have done each only had ONE Starlet there so I would hope we get more next time. The track is ideal for those who have not been on track before due to the huge amount of run off

Also to give an idea of track locations (Blyton should be pretty accessible for most) :

track_days_map.jpg

Hou

I remember my bike track days there used to be an evening session, 1/2 day run at a few tracks in the summer, would Blyton be open to an evening session say from 16:00 till 21:00 in the summer??

The major thing people need to understand is that this is for a whole day's track time, it's not like Japfest an Japfest2 were you buy 1 session for £25 (15 min)

Personally i think we will struggle to get the support from just UKSO and will need to share with Hou and the Track Ninja lads

What we as a club are trying to do is get a meet for all to attend as a club other than the major shows.

We will need commitment and deposit's from people for this to go ahead at the end of the day we are talking £4500 for it to happen

John

Hou

I remember my bike track days there used to be an evening session, 1/2 day run at a few tracks in the summer, would Blyton be open to an evening session say from 16:00 till 21:00 in the summer??

The major thing people need to understand is that this is for a whole day's track time, it's not like Japfest an Japfest2 were you buy 1 session for £25 (15 min)

Personally i think we will struggle to get the support from just UKSO and will need to share with Hou and the Track Ninja lads

What we as a club are trying to do is get a meet for all to attend as a club other than the major shows.

We will need commitment and deposit's from people for this to go ahead at the end of the day we are talking £4500 for it to happen

John

We could arrange an evening session but it would have to be mid-week and most people would have to take a day's holiday (You have to be signed on at 3pm iirc)

Hou:

Yes but theyll then be a wider variety of cars, personaly i preffer a mix of cars ratger than just 1 kind plus itd fill numbers and be a good laugh.

Im running a straight pipe out the bumper so its a tad loud but i think 105db is fine

Edited by Starbo Moorley

Hou:

Yes but theyll then be a wider variety of cars, personaly i preffer a mix of cars ratger than just 1 kind plus itd fill numbers and be a good laugh.

Awwww man love :p A mix works well for me as I don't have a Starlet ;)

Awwww man love :p A mix works well for me as I don't have a Starlet ;)

a mix makes it fun

as can challenge agaisnt other variations of other cars

id come as a second driver in chrises car anyway if everyones scared to race ep3s :p

Anyways, back on topic :p

What about if we can get 20 Starlets on track and another bunch there to spectate/passenger ride (with a donation to a charity maybe as otherwise free?) and then have maybe a single Starlet only session for 15 mins after lunch?

I will then fill the other 20 spaces with other motors

Im 100% in on any trackday WHEN the car is running lol wich its still not atm. also the only issue for blyton is london and southern based lads are miles and miles away where as a large majority of the club live in the midlands so its a few hours for them amd like 4-6 for us :( is a hell of a long ass tow home if a southern lad brakes the car on track.

Edited by shorty

Mallory, bruntingthorpe or donnington would be a fairer distace for the welsh southern and london lads tbh.

And the Scottish/Northern lads?

Mallory needs about 65 cars, Donnington well over 85, Bruntingthorpe have strict noise regs and want a small fortune ;)

I think it is a pretty central location. Distance to Blyton:

Leeds - 65.8

Newcastle - 143

London - 154

Cardiff - 226

Southampton - 247

Edinburgh - 247

Lands End - 392

Inverness - 406

John O Groats - 524 :p

Thing is if no scotish boys come then we are all driving miles up country for no reason lol. not trying to be awkward just saying its a long way from a large number of members. you will get more interest if its not as far.

Think we need an interested list with name and location first befor a track is named imo as you have an idea where people are based. 500mile round trip in fuel + fuel on track + track day purchase means some of us our looking at closer to 300 for a 100 opl day.