Dans Stancelet - The end is now

These are better than the currents for sure! White will look good!

Yeah man, am I right in think thinking my cars paint code is 040 super white? Want the wheels to be the same colour

What's that in the garage

Sorry to jack

looks like a bedford

Yeah it's a 60's Bedford camper thingy, thing is fucking mint!

Oh yeah and sadly that's not my house I'm at haha!

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll need to remember to have a look aha!

Panoramic shot my mate did while the steels were on, and yes that's my ugly mug haha

null_zpsd679d887.jpg

And a moody little night time rolling shot

null_zpsed9a4cef.jpg

Your beard has gotten bigger lol

It's even bigger now

banded steels :o they looks fucking sweet!!!

Cheers dude, need dollar for paint and tyres now

what the hell are you holding out of the window there?

That's my mate holding his steering wheel haha, taking the piss outta the Honda boys with their snap off boss kits

Ah damn, I forgot you have your drivers side to the right.

Gives me cringe everytime I see a RHD from the front. Not because of the steering wheel but because of the window wipers. They look so wrong to me because being on the other side :D

In my opinion you should heighten it a bit again and fix the bodywork (rust, broken boot handle and stuff) and You`ll really love it again and it will be much more fun to drive I think. And get the Glanza Spoiler on, it looks awesome.

My mrs was like. "go back to your old facial hair". So i was like why not.

Now im all like "fuuuu"

Its all about having a beard, I don't get ID'd for anything these days aha!

Ah damn, I forgot you have your drivers side to the right.

Gives me cringe everytime I see a RHD from the front. Not because of the steering wheel but because of the window wipers. They look so wrong to me because being on the other side :D

In my opinion you should heighten it a bit again and fix the bodywork (rust, broken boot handle and stuff) and You`ll really love it again and it will be much more fun to drive I think. And get the Glanza Spoiler on, it looks awesome.

I always think the same with the left hand drives haha!

I probably will raise it a bit, which is difficult because I don't have coilovers on the rear, the bodywork is actually the worst part of the car, the previous owner wasn't a very good judge of distance so theres scrapes on every corner, and dents everywhere! I have been meaning to fix the boot trim again as its snapped before, need to buy some glue and re wrap it, just long!

Spoiler wise, I was thinking about one of those big flat and long ones, like on Tris' GT, but, im in debt even more now I got the new wheels!

Really do like them new wheels :)

Literally cannot wait to get them on!!

Found a can of red oxide primer while tidying my shed up earlier, thought I may aswell make a start painting the steels!

Only a quick first coat for now

null_zpsc5efdae5.jpg

null_zpsa8c36f5f.jpg

Seriously thinking of leaving them in red oxide, And painting the writing on the tyres white

And with some black wheel nuts eventually haha

What do you guys reckon?

Edited by dan106
  • 4 weeks later...

Personally i would want them glossy red but thats just me. Defo do the writing on the tyres white though love that idea. :thumbsup:

They didn't look right when I test fitted them, gone for a different colour niw

I think it would look decent if you did a light layer of black. So that you can still see the red underneath.

As above, given up on the red now

Oxide red banded steels with spear horn centre caps like chariots of fire..

Wouldve been cool aha

Well, its been an un-eventful few weeks, paying off my debts before I get tyres for the steels.

Did however re tint my car at work, No one even noticed it was tinted beforehand aha!

And this is how I get the car into the workshop

null_zps88677f26.jpg

null_zps6331703b.jpg

null_zps421616d4.jpg

Also swapped my 20mm front spacers for some 25mm ones

null_zpsc4fe4ff0.jpg

Trial fit of the steels in red

null_zps6e26cb77.jpg

Didn't suit it so now theyre in 040 Toyota white

null_zps5c11d2df.jpg

And this happened earlier

th_93B36E51-34ED-44CB-AB01-19C5A84AD17F-

null_zpsd983723d.jpg

null_zps17a84415.jpg

And that's it, still got a good few hundred squids to pay off yet so no tyres for a while :(

• 3 weeks later...

Been a very in eventful few weeks

Took the oil cooler off, looks a lot cleaner

null_zps28b7d2c0.jpg

And got my 'type r' temp gauge as I've broke the one in the paseo dials, just waiting on the adaptor and I'll be fitting this

null_zps6e5f6603.jpg

And sadly she'll be going back on standard steelies soon as I need to sell the ats' to pay off some of my debt, need to get my bandends on asap!

All for now.

Love the style of this car. Please dont ever glanza kit it though. Looks pants. The more rounded snub nose angles of the starlet na suit it waaaay more than the glanza kit. Looking forward to seeing the bandeds on it.

Edited by shorty

Love the style of this car. Please dont ever glanza kit it though. Looks pants. The more rounded snub nose angles of the starlet na suit it waaaay more than the glanza kit. Looking forward to seeing the bandeds on it.

Cheers shorty! After seeing how much the glanza parts were i soon changed my mind aha, could never afford it all!

My mate found a picture of the starlet from a year ago when i tried the first g60 on it

null_zps799c9c6f.jpg

My jesus how shes changed!

Also picked up a spare bumper from dave (freedomcore) to have a little play with, and an rsturbo splitter. Dont know what im doing with them yet but ive got a few ideas

All for now

Love how low this is, so many poeple over the years have said a Stanced starlet will always look shit but I beg to differ this is fricking awesome !!!

Cheers geez! never see many stanced starlets, the rear beam is properly homosexual but its not the end of the world aha

Was gonna chuck up a thread in the video gallery for this but i dont think itd be to many people on heres taste aha!

Thought id grab a video before i take the 13s off and raise it a bit, cheeky bit of frame layin'

http://s823.photobucket.com/user/danwethepeople/media/44C06A31-E965-47C9-BCC3-95F57EEAE75C-2488-0000027236201949_zpsf98f1ec9.mp4.html

In other news, finally ordered my tyres for the steels, along with the parts for the panhard rod and new cv boots, shits about to go down!

Edited by dan106

Mate thats nuts....how have you still got an exhaust lol?

Well the back box just wobbles around and the centre box is full of holes haha

But look!

null_zps76086395.jpg

Tyres, panhard rod adaptor and my cv boots turned up today, really need to get my arse in gear and get the steels painted!