Blitz ECU and TD04?

Hello guys

Im undecided on wether i want to go TD04 as i do love my CT9!!!..Yeah i know alot of you will say once you go TD04 you wont look back!

I had a go of Broony's Glanza TD04 running 1bar lastnight and tbh didnt notice that much diffrance! Power delivery was better i must say because theres nothing then BANG it all comes at once!

But with the CT9 its there all the time!..Im sure i would think diffirent if Broonys was running 1.2bar or 1.4bar etc but with his TD04 only running 1bar i didnt notice much diffrance at all to by CT9 running 1.1bar

The thing i did like with the TD04 is the boost isnt there constantly like the CT9 in 5th gear at 70mph the CT9 is always spooling ready to go and to be fair it drives me up the wall sometimes! Where as with the TD04 its just getting tickled there for saveing fuel some what and more of a friendly drive so to speak!

So anyway my question is has anyone ever run a TD04 at 1bar useing a Blitz ECU? If so what was it like? did it go well? etc

If i do decied to TD04 then i will change the management at some point but for now i would like to keep the Blitz ecu untill i save a few more pennies :)

I will also get the fueling checked if i do go TD04 to be on the safe side!!! and maybe shot a FPR on there to also might advance the time a little as well!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be interesting to see how you get on as my plan is to run TD04 on my Mine's ECU

I believe rorenapier ran 1.2 bar on a Mine's ECU making 255bhp and fuelling was fine

I'm surprised you don't find it quicker than your CT9, I'm running the same amount of boost and I've been in two TD04 GTs running only 0.6 bar. Power wise they feel similar but 70mph+ they keep pulling whereas my CT9 runs out of puff somewhat

Yeah i remember seeing a thread about rorenapier makeing 255bhp useing the mines ecu etc!

Im not saying Broonys car was slow by all means but even when he court me off gard last night and dropped downa gear i then dropped down a gear and we was side by side each other more or less! then it all ended because of a dam car infront of use!

So wasnt realy a true race also we where on a very long bend so both of use were on and off the throttle! ..was fun lol

Think i might give it ago and if i dont like it then ill just sell the turbo kit on lol

Also mine fulls like fuck all the way 6.5k rpm and pulls all the way to 140 without a problem could possible push more out of here but im not that mad haha.. not sure if my fully rebuilt CT9 has helped but it sure dose go well

TD04 ftw..

my jam ecu SUCKED with the tdo4 as there not meant to be..

100% emu or so and get it mapped! i made 169bhp with the jam in place then when got it mapped made 219bhp on emu

Yeah broonys is TD04 @1bar emu 219bhp aswell :)

And yeah if i do go Td04 then i will be going standalone at some point but want to save a few pennise first :)

sell the blitz ecu to fund for the emu as my brother did.. so thats that sorted :) get 400 quid for these ecu still

trust me thow you will be laughing when you tdo4 it as its so much better than the ct9 :)

edit: strange how it felt the same as your ct9 hmmmmm

Edited by iamlegend

Have a drive in a Td04'd starlet first if your not sure :)

Yeah i had a drive of Broonys lastnight and didnt notice that much diffrance between mine and his

Hi I'm running a td04l on blitz access ecu@12psi and I'm getting a lot of pop and flames haven't really up the boost yet because tuner told me no more than 12psi I'm ok more than that will be going lean

Thanks for that info mate very interesting :)

sell the blitz ecu to fund for the emu as my brother did.. so thats that sorted :) get 400 quid for these ecu still

trust me thow you will be laughing when you tdo4 it as its so much better than the ct9 :)

I know was thinking of doing that :) But i am a standalone ecu lover haha so would want to save a few pound up to buy one :)

Have a custom ct9 hybrid turbo built get best of both worlds. It has been done in the past. I also have a custom Tongs ct9 on mine unmapped at 0.6 bar and it goes like a bitch.

Where a Std CT9 is running out of puff at 6000rpm mines is just getting going and feels like the rev range isnt long enough.

Have a custom ct9 hybrid turbo built get best of both worlds. It has been done in the past. I also have a custom Tongs ct9 on mine unmapped at 0.6 bar and it goes like a bitch.

Where a Std CT9 is running out of puff at 6000rpm mines is just getting going and feels like the rev range isnt long enough.

Now i was thinking of makeing my own ct9 Hiflow turbo as i rebuild them but wasnt sure if id just be shotting money down the drain! just to gain a few more bhp!..Since i rebuilt my ct9 its changed it so much boost comes on alot stronger and pulls alot harder! tbh its one of the quickest glanzas i've owned! throught my old siliver one was quick but my black one seems to be much quicker!

I have had larger custom comp wheel on my tongs also a larger exhaust wheel with the housing bored out.

You could do the same. Id advise having the hot pipe exit on the comp side of the turbo bored out aswell as thats the main restrictor on the CT9 with that gone you could get lots of boost and rapid spool.

Hmmmmmmmmmm what to do lol :)

Also the other thing that puts me off going TD04 is when the M.O.T is due its not like theres a catalytic converter for them haha

Im sure i could get it M.O.T'd at a friendly m.o.t garage but im not sure if icould be botherd trying to find one very year lol

Td04 it, mine made 180 @1 bar on ct9 made 210@.85 on td04, lag aint bad on a td04 at all but id get shot of the ecu and getsome emanage far more accurate adjustments,

If you do go td04 get a decent mani and go external wastegate, it may cost a few quid more but its worth it :), personaly id go wepr manifold as they look better and have thicker runners than the zisco manifold :)

Yeah i remember seeing a thread about rorenapier makeing 255bhp useing the mines ecu etc!

Im not saying Broonys car was slow by all means but even when he court me off gard last night and dropped downa gear i then dropped down a gear and we was side by side each other more or less! then it all ended because of a dam car infront of use!

So wasnt realy a true race also we where on a very long bend so both of use were on and off the throttle! ..was fun lol

Think i might give it ago and if i dont like it then ill just sell the turbo kit on lol

Also mine fulls like fuck all the way 6.5k rpm and pulls all the way to 140 without a problem could possible push more out of here but im not that mad haha.. not sure if my fully rebuilt CT9 has helped but it sure dose go well

HAHAHAHA TD04 Bug :p

Wasnt me, as i dont drive like a twat even if its 3 cars a birth!! ;)

Like i said mate loads of factors come into play and had mine not already been on a td04 i dont know if id of swapped.

Am sure if you and phill are coming up next week theres a nice spot where we can have a good comparison.

Edited by Broony