recommend me a antivirus program :)

As above really mines expired and as of already my laptops stopped applying updates for what ever reason.

going to run a malware program to try rid it of whatever its got but ideally id like something free or cheap to try stop this from happening!

thanks guys :)

I've had both AVG and Avast and I've had virus's when using both, the last one i had came free with my online banking but whatever it is I've got now has dug in and its not letting the free version of AVG I've just downloaded scan my comp. :(

guess i might have to boot it up in safe mode and run a system scan that way!

Microsoft Security Essentials, if Microsoft can't keep their own shit clean who can!

In all seriousness I work in the trade and we use security essentials to clean virus infects machines that have other anti virus program's on that seem to miss things.

every time i try run a scan on AVG it starts then tells me its completed the scan and has scanned 0 of 0 files. checked to see that its scanning the right folder which its set to scan the C drive which i would assume would be correct?

i think whatever it is that I've got has gotten into most antivirus' before they've had time to launch, the Windows essentials is currently running a full scan as a quick scan came up with nothing!

think i should stop letting my brother borrow it, he seems to break things just by looking at them :lol: