head leaking water into oil.

so started ma car today after all the build up and when it started i got oil & water mix. the water was leaking out the exhaust ports (mani) i know its to do with the head gasket but what have i done wrong? i followed a guide and triple checked all. if u know what i could to to sort this let me know. cheers dave. :(

Edited by daveEP

To locate the gasket on the block correctly, there are I believe 2 water ways on the inlet side, if you line the gasket up (same shape cut outs) with the specific water way in the block you should be fine mate :)

If your still not sure mate, post up some pics :)

I would of thought so mate and maybe not haveing the head skimmed! Im not all that clued up with this sort of thing so wouldnt like to realy say!

I could just tell by your pics that the headgasket had been used!!!..Im sure someone elss will comfirm if thats your problem

no mate had been used. is that my prob?

Most probably. Get the gasket inspected, I have a strong feeling it has a small warp or something causing it to leak.

Also make sure the head surface is spot on or have it skimmed.

If you need a new gasket we have new 1.2 and 1.4mm's in stock.

Cheers

Idrees

ID-Workz

Skimming isn't 100% necessary unless you overcooked / boiled it but don't quote me on that :-) i don't take any responsibility lol but would defo get new gasket. And if this is the first time the engine has been apart the stretch bolts "should be ok for one more go" not recommended though. If you need any genuine parts go through idworkz as he can get them cheaper and posted for less than i can get them at my local.