Howdy All!!!

I havent got a full starlet yet but i havent been wasting any time, as ive been on working on the parts that i have already got. I have totaly smoothed the boot it's primed and ready to paint. I've took some pictures so you can see how it looks. I've just started on the doors but no pics yet. The strut brace has been recoloured to matt black. Hopfully i will get a car very soon ;) because it would help. and many more mods to come hope you like them. ;)

DSC02608.jpg

DSC02613.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done a few other small bits aswell but i'll get some more pics up at the end of today as im gonna be working on them today.

Bourkey has been telling me to get started on them even though i haven't got a Starlet so when i get one they can be painted and put straight on.

Thanks for the comments. ;)

I've been doing more stuff today aswell. I've started on the doors as im taking the locks and handles off them. I didn't get any pics as i've not completely finished them yet.

I have finished stripping down the strut brace and repainting it matt black.

Before

DSC02572.jpg

After

DSC02652.jpg

I will have finished the doors by the end of this week and they will be ready for painting. Obviously i will have to wait until i get a Starlet before painting as i don't know what colour they are gonna be yet.

Right,

This weekend i'll have a major part of my project. The actual car itself.

Here are some pics of the ebay add

478b_3.jpg

5676_3.jpg

5ab9_3.jpg

It clearly needs some work i know.

When i pick it up this weekend im hopefully gonna get to Bourkey's by midday and im gonna start on the car as soon as i can. It will be stored as Bourkey's as he has a lot of space but i don't. im keeping my Punto as my daily driver until the Starlet is roadworthy enough though but i don't like it that much after driving his SR. I've gotta catch up with Bourkey as he is quite ahead of me but i should be close by the end of Saturday.

Bourkey and our mate will be working on the car while i finish off the body panels i have.

I can't wait to get it!!! B):lol: ;) :p

UPDATE!!!!!

I now have the Starlet aka Starburst :p:p

Me Bourke and our mate Matt went down to Ipswich to pick it up at 5am on Satuday morning. I was nakered as you can see...

DSC02653.jpg

It took us four hours to there and we got a little bored and saw this...

DSC02655.jpg

The shite tom tom got us lost several times so we had to meet the guy who owned it to take us to his farm. Yes i said farm.

After we picked it up we filled up and took the first piccy of it...

DSC02657.jpg

And then we began the long journey back not forgetting taking a couple of snaps on the back.

DSC02661.jpg

DSC02662.jpg

As soon as we got back we started work straight away. The interior was abolutlely crap. He had put animals and all sorts of farm crap in there so it stunk like the back end of a cow. So it has been binned. I was gonna do it anyway as im going for light weightness.

DSC02667.jpg

DSC02669.jpg

And here is where it ended up...

DSC02671.jpg

Working on the car came to an abrupt halt today as the sun disappeared and the heavens opened.

DSC02674.jpg

But an hour later we continued.

DSC02679.jpg

The chrome brakes are now on...

DSC02677.jpg

The wheels are on but im gonna change them to 15's as they are a bit big.

DSC02663.jpg

The induction kit and the strut brace are also on.

DSC02670.jpg

And im in the process of making a custom exhaust. Im just getting ideas at the moment though.

DSC02680.jpg

Looks cool mate and that is deffo stripped out!!! :p:p

And tehres nothing wrong with 16s :p:p:p:(

Looking forward to what else you have in store for us and the custom exhaust!! :p

I think i took the stripping out to the mental level. I told Bourkey and our mate to strip the car while i did a few other bits and an hour and a half later it was like this. There was tons of animal food in every nook and cranney but they managed to sort the job out and get rid of it all.

We are also thinking of making a custom dash to get rid of the big heavy plastic one. I think im getting rid of the heaters aswell. Im not sure though because are weather isn't the warmest in the world.

I think the next purchase will be the Glanza front end as im love the front end of a Glanza but i didn't wana have to save up for the real deal.

I also forgot to show you the diabolical repair job on the front end. The guy had a small bump on his farm and the bonnet and wing are now made from a massive amount of body filler. Then...... painted by hand with a brush and paint from halfords.You might be able to see it from this piccy.

DSC02664.jpg

Oh yeah and here is a piccy of the exhaust fabrication. I know it isn't right at the moment but i've not finished yet.

DSC02681.jpg

Really loud!!!!!!!

Like i said im just getting ideas at the moment. The old full system has gone on Bourkeys as his cat converter was a bit iffy. He still has his cool back box though.

All pics courtesy of moi!!!

This mad guy was working on the car even when it was raining. He soon stopped when it was thundering though. Tws a good trip matey and im glad you finally got one.

That zorst sounds friggin mental!!!!!!!