• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Idrees, The Redline line harness pads are in our mates Punto. :p. Not as quick as a Starlet :p.

And my tints got scratched when i was putting some crap in the back so they had to come off. I'll hopefully be doing them again soon. Well spotted though

@ Mikey, He WILL be there. I'll make sure of it.

Alex fell asleep after half an hour of travelling. :p:( Even with our mates system on.

Holy turd batman thats some seriously quick progress!!!! glad to see u have finally got your hands on a starlet!

that front exhaust is well cool actually! nice work!

and im also likin the black bumper because its painted not just nasty plastic!!!!!

keep up the grrrrreat work dude!

Phil.

Thanks for the comments guys,

After a busy week away for work i have come back and got straight back on my Starburst.

I've been busy stripping even more stuff from the car. The dashboard and all the stuff behind it like heaters and crap have all gone now. I filled the back of my punto with tons more crap to take to the scrappy and im about to fill it up again.

DSC02686.jpg

DSC02685.jpg

The boot lid is now on and looking great. I just need to flat it down and prime it once more and its done. There is also a sticker ive just noticed ive gotta peel off it aswell. Oh yeah if anyone want my old boot its in tip top condition so you can have it for £40.

DSC02683.jpg

DSC02687.jpg

Today im starting to remove all the body panels at the front that are crap as im planning to do the Glanza front end conversion. I'll get some pics up at the end of the day to show you what i've done. :)

Oh yeah sorry for waking you up Bourkey B)B)

Like i said earlier i was busy again today.

I've stripped down all the front like the headlights, bumper, bonnet and radiator. I've also started stripping the engine down so its easier to take it out as im getting a full respray on the car. As usual Me an Bourkey were restricted to what we could do on the Starlets as it was pissin it down 90% of the day. But we did well anyway.

DSC02692.jpg

DSC02696.jpg

We have now cleared up Bourkeys garage of all the bits of crap, which took two full loads of my Punto to get rid of, so there is space for my Starburst. Also we have nick named his garage Penelope Pit Stop. :)B)B):o

DSC02693.jpg

Thanks for the headlight matey :)

Car is lookin more and more mental by the day. Fuelled by cups of tea and chocolate its getting better by the day.

Thanks for painting the wall aswell. looks cool. My dad wont like it tho B)

@ Sparky - Sort the job out

Nice work mate

Is this gonna be a track car? Almost every bit of the interior is out, I'd hate that as a daily driver!!

What colours it going? Glanza front would look sweet!

Also, a question about painting the tailgate.. Did you use ordinary masking tape on the window? What has the edge of the paint come out like? Easily flaked?

The reason I'm asking that is because I'm wondering if I should get my rear window removed when I respray the tailgate!

I've got a lot of catching up to do to all you lot thats why im moving so fast. :(:p

For the window you can mask round the glass but make sure it doesn't touch the body. Use a pencil to push it right under the window and cut any excess tape off. Then prime and paint it so it sticks properly. If you get any on the glass leave it for a few days before using thinners to get it off and it will come off fine.

The car is going track car/daily drive. I don't mind it being completely stripped its more fun. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

And the colour is top secret :(:o :angry: As are other plans :angry: :angry:

:(:o:(:p :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Sorry to say it is not going to be any of the Starburst colours or red and yellow. But im hoping you will like the end product as much as i will.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi everbody sorry it's been a while since i last updated but i've been realy busy at work. Like 15 hour days but anyway i did do a bit more on the little starburst. I decided to put my dash back in my car because i still dont know if it would pass an MOT and it looks beter anyway. befor I put it in I sprayed it jet black, I think it looks realy cool I'v got to do other things to it I'm just waiting for parts. There's still no heating system going in because it's to heavy for me. Hears one picture for you to see. I'm doin more work on it this weekend hope you all like it. see you later

100_0665.jpg