• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, about the paint it's a secret but i have chosen a colour. It's not going to be finished for a while because I'm waitng for parts to arrive from a different country but most of it will be finished for the next JAE.

I'm putting the car back on the road in a few weeks that's when alot of the car parts will be arriving and put on the car.

I'v not finished the dash yet an it's having a different steering wheel so it should look better when it's done.

There will be some sort of heating for the window, again I'm just waiting for bit's and bob's to sort that out.

Just give it about a month and then you will see alot of work going on the car I promise.

Cheers for all the replies and good coments.

• 2 weeks later...

Mini Update

I've got a week off next week, so I will be working on the starburst for most of that time, I'm putting a custom heater system in it, and a custom interior. It will still be light and have a race look but seem comfortable hopefully, i will keep it uptdated next week, as the work progresses hope you will all like it.

Alex

Lots of progress is gonna happen this week matey.

And we have got some fantastic news this week but it will have to wait until they are ready. I don't know about you Alex but im bouncing off the walls im so excited!!!!!!!!!

Hi all

I've been on starburst to day a done some of the interior, It's not finished yet but half of it will be tomorrow. I'l take some photoes tomorow because it's gone dark now an I can't see a fekin thing in my car as you will have an idea as to why tomorrow.

Alex

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Sorry it's been a while since i last updated you. As you know me and Bourkey have ordered a 4EFTE each that is the suprise we have had for a while. On my shopping list for the furture are some decent wheels, a paint job and coilovers. They are the main things but obviously the engine requires bits like the intercooler, dump valve and a proper exhaust system.

Anyway i have been doing some work on my car but a new job has taken priority recently so it did take a back seat for a little while. But here is some pics anyway.

The new door cards done buy Bourkey. I wanted them simple and light so he sorted the job out good and proper there.

DSC03620.jpg

Then there is a programmable shift light ive installed. It glows a really bright blue. I dont kno how the hell it works and Bourkey is baffled too. All you do is plug it into the cigarette lighter and thats it. No other wires at all. It's magic lol.

DSC03619.jpg

Then there is my centre console. I've yet again made it simple and light.

DSC03618.jpg

The roof was also stripped of the lining and a lighter substitute was put on.

DSC03614.jpg

Also the gaps at the back were filled in aswell using the same stuff as the rest of the car

DSC03613.jpg

DSC03612.jpg

And here is a couple of more pictures. If you look you can also see the floor has been lined with the same black material.

DSC03615.jpg

DSC03611.jpg

It's getting hard to work on it at the moment as it's getting colder and darker by the day. I'll struggle through though.

The 16" toora wheels are also for sale now. They do look quite nice on the car but as Bourkey pointed out they weigh a ton!!

Also the Glanza body conversion is gonna be put on hold until i've got the car roadworthy as Bourkey has said in another topic it's geting costly and it's coming up to christmas aswell. So it will be a sleeper N/A look like Bourkey's SR.

I want to get the project moving quicker but it's just finding the time to do it. It WILL be sorted for JAE 2008 i promise!!!!!

Thanks for your comments.

The wheels that i want are the Rota Grids in a matt bronze colour. Thers bits of the interior that are a bit takky at the minute but it's not finished yet. After christmas and the engine, there will be buckets and a wicked roll cage being put in, when i got more money after christmas. I'l keep you all updated sooner than later.....

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Well i would say easily 100 kg.

The heater system has come out, the door cards have been lightened, the carpet has been replaced with a thinner lighter material and a lot of various brackets and fixings behind the dash.

Il take a photo of behind the dash so you can see what it's like.

Alex