I have a 99 v which was standard when i got it, the current spec is:

Air filter

De cat

2.5" system with no boxes and blitz nurspec backbox

Hks actuator

Hks ssqv

The car is quicker now but does fuel cut at high rpm with full acceleration, my question is what's the next mod you would make to this car? Money is unfortunately an issue atm so ecu's etc are out of the question, obviously I'd like to stop it fuel cutting but if I can't do that safely without some sort of management then I'd rather turn the actuator down and run it like that until I can afford it! thanks :)

Thanks guys I'm gonna do that I want to do it properly especially as it's my daily driver, I've been looking at the emanage blue as they're a good price is this the sort of thing I need? I'm td04ing it at the start of the summer though so I'm wondering if that particular one could be set up for that later on aswel so I don't have to buy different managment again? Cheers lads

EMB would be just right for you if your on a but of a budget pall, just remember to put rolling road costs onto your budget.

TD and Racetech have an offer on iirc for around £500-£600

Great for td04 aswell

Thanks mate I'm thinking maybe save for managment + td04 kit together then get it all set up rather than getting it mapped twice... looks like I've reached my limits for now then! Spose I can uprate some other bits ready for the td04 in the meantime :) what do I need to uprate I've been told fuel pump, leads, plugs, fmic

Thanks mate I'm thinking maybe save for managment + td04 kit together then get it all set up rather than getting it mapped twice... looks like I've reached my limits for now then! Spose I can uprate some other bits ready for the td04 in the meantime :) what do I need to uprate I've been told fuel pump, leads, plugs, fmic

dependant on what td04 kit you go for you might aswell need Civic rad, Slimline fan, Fuel pressure regulator, and a clutch that can hold the power.

As said mate until you can afford management or to go externally gated best bet is to turn the boost down until it dosent hit fuel cut anymore!

Will do :) I'm running a blitz sus style filter I might try blocking part of that off because it sucks in a lot of air with the meshed top

dependant on what td04 kit you go for you might aswell need Civic rad, Slimline fan, Fuel pressure regulator, and a clutch that can hold the power.

Cheers dude

Clutch will be the next thing really they often tend to struggle holding an engine running 1 bar through a CT9 let alone a TD04

Am I looking big money for a clutch?

Will do :) I'm running a blitz sus style filter I might try blocking part of that off because it sucks in a lot of air with the meshed top

Cheers dude

Am I looking big money for a clutch?

ive ran a standard blue print clutch on a td04 turbo running fine and that was 215bhp.

If u want to uprate your clutch mate as obviously it will last longer when u go td04 I'd go with the TD 6puk clutch there fantastic and real easy to drive with and as above depending what td04 kit u go for u will need to change your rad and fan etc so bare that in mind mate I had all those bits ready for when my td04 kit went on n it makes life loads easier mate if u can cross all the little things off the list

I turned my boost down mate, month by month bought all the supporting mods, then along the way an external wastegate to stop it creeping, before buying a JAM ecu as one of the last things, hard to resist the urge to turn the boost up but was worth it.

By the way, your exhaust, how does it sound with the no mid boxes?

I have a 99 v which was standard when i got it, the current spec is:

Air filter

De cat

2.5" system with no boxes and blitz nurspec backbox

Hks actuator

Hks ssqv

The car is quicker now but does fuel cut at high rpm with full acceleration, my question is what's the next mod you would make to this car? Money is unfortunately an issue atm so ecu's etc are out of the question, obviously I'd like to stop it fuel cutting but if I can't do that safely without some sort of management then I'd rather turn the actuator down and run it like that until I can afford it! thanks :)

You coming jdmc meet tomorrow night ? Been with Dean today and he was telling me and Jack about your exhaust.

I turned my boost down mate, month by month bought all the supporting mods, then along the way an external wastegate to stop it creeping, before buying a JAM ecu as one of the last things, hard to resist the urge to turn the boost up but was worth it.

By the way, your exhaust, how does it sound with the no mid boxes?

Cheers for that mate, it sounds really deep and growly on tickover it's quite quiet if you keep the revs relatively low but when you accelerate harder it gets quite loud but very deep it's a nice sound and when you lift off and accelerate again it pops etc I'm pleased because I was worried it was gonna sound like a Saxo with a 4" backbox on it lol

You coming jdmc meet tomorrow night ? Been with Dean today and he was telling me and Jack about your exhaust.

Alright mate yeah I'll be there are you goin down with dean?

Cheers for that mate, it sounds really deep and growly on tickover it's quite quiet if you keep the revs relatively low but when you accelerate harder it gets quite loud but very deep it's a nice sound and when you lift off and accelerate again it pops etc I'm pleased because I was worried it was gonna sound like a Saxo with a 4" backbox on it lol

No worries mate, and ah so would you recommend it then? Been looking at getting Dean to remove the silencers from my Fujitsubo system thats all?

If you are staying on a standard motor, you don't need a fuel pump, you will need an FPR, i switched to TD04 on standard internals, standard fuel pump standard injectors, FMIC,Magnecore leads, Race Tech Externally Gated TD04 set up, EBC will be needed, E-mange Blue(which now runs my forged set up) and made 237bhp @ Tuning Developments.

TD offer is £550 for emange + fitting + set up on RR, Rickys is similar but you have to have one of his kits for the deal.

A TD04 kit from either is around £1300-£1400 for an external gated mani,down pipe,td04 + external gate.

Probs looking at just short of £2000 if you were to buy new.

John

Edited by ro55ifumi