Question : Boost Reading..

Well, I decided to do a 4th gear pull today to see what my boost gauge was reading after I've fitted the JPerformance Manifold and the Blitz Decat..

Acording to my gauge (which isn't the best) showed that I peaked at exactly .7 bar but then dropped of to .6 further up the rev range..

Is this normal?

What could cause this?

My setup is:

Standard CT9 Turbo

JPerformance Manifold

Blitz Decat

Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust

RW Developments Relocated Filter

Standard Actuator

Autogauge Boost Gauge

Greddy Type S BOV

Any help is appreciated ..

Matt.

Edited by Matt1878

Try a HKS actuator, my boost dropped off when the car was standard, fitted a HKS actuator, the boost came in much quicker and harder, and didn't drop off :).

Mines for sale if you need one, been lying around since I went external wastegate.

It will be your stock actuator that is causing you to loose boost higher up the rev range. The spring inside will be weak and letting the wastegate fully open so you arn't maintaining a steady boost level.

An aftermarket actuator will allow much more stable boost control, then you may want to add an electronic boost controller to get things spot on.

Its your actuator like said above? Since you have no management I'd leave it exactly as is. You want to stay away from fuel cut as much as possible as constantly rattling off it isnt good for the car.

I'd fit an HKS actuator and set it to about .5 or .6 even tho u wont reach .7 like you do now I n garuntee the better holding of boost makes it feel more powerful.

I have a tongs ct9 just now with an HKS actuator as im waiting to get more stuff before mapping my emu and even as it is the .5 pisses all over standard ct9 at .9 just a smoother and bigger delivery.

• 1 month later...

just seen this post mine is very similer I have

Massive costem intercooler

3inch custom exhaust

Ct9 2nd generation hybrid turbo

Decat

Upgraded fuel pump

And recently fitted hi flow mani (hoops verion)

Standard ecu butsoon to be jam ecu

Currently set up 0.9 but loooses boost goiin up rev range to 0.6

I also have ordered a hks actuator to see if it holds boost. If it dose gonna set it to 0.7 :D happy days