Uprated inlets coming soon !!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very interested. but would like to know what work has been done on airflow etc what testing on improvement it will give.

sounds brilliant at that sort of pricing tho!

only one real way to test them to be honest, flow tests dont really mean much in way of performance, alot of things factor in from air temp the map etc back to back dynos will need to be done on it to see what difference it makes, no one I know of has actually proven any actual gains from them that I know of so we will see how it performs, all being well we can get cracking with them theN :)

only one real way to test them to be honest, flow tests dont really mean much in way of performance, alot of things factor in from air temp the map etc back to back dynos will need to be done on it to see what difference it makes, no one I know of has actually proven any actual gains from them that I know of so we will see how it performs, all being well we can get cracking with them theN :)

Whats inside them? Also the plenum is too large. and not the correct shape for balanced flow.

Flow testing tells you a lot about flow balance. You need to test this with 4 way EGT sensors.

How can these be made so cheap and where are they made ?? :)

China.

Whats inside them? Also the plenum is too large. and not the correct shape for balanced flow.

Flow testing tells you a lot about flow balance. You need to test this with 4 way EGT sensors.

China.

They will be tested, can you explain what you mean by too large and the wrong shape?

if they are proved to work on higher power applications then they will sell :D

@ jake there is no reason for them to cost the best part of 1k with a throttle body, the simple material costs and time taken to make them doesnt equate to near 1k :)

James not to put a dampener on the mood but in the third pic next to the runner for number 4 there's a hole cut out? This is a water or coolant gallery on fte heads if im not mistaken? Only the efe heads have this blanked off? On the fte standard manifolds this piece isn't there? Anyone willing to confirm?

Hello,

To save you wasting time taking it to a dyno. The plenum volume is too large unless the engine is very high powered. If it is, they would probably use a high end intake. The design looks remarkably similar to our earlier designs. These relied heavily on the internals in order to maintain even flow across the cylinders. We later improved on this design.

Our intakes have more than £200 in materials. Then there is R and D labour and machine costs, most of the machine costs are no the inside remember, at £695 they aren't near £1k. There are other more simple flaws, but I can't give everything away in one post. :)

They will be tested, can you explain what you mean by too large and the wrong shape?

if they are proved to work on higher power applications then they will sell :D

@ jake there is no reason for them to cost the best part of 1k with a throttle body, the simple material costs and time taken to make them doesnt equate to near 1k :)

Hello,

To save you wasting time taking it to a dyno. The plenum volume is too large unless the engine is very high powered. If it is, they would probably use a high end intake. The design looks remarkably similar to our earlier designs. These relied heavily on the internals in order to maintain even flow across the cylinders. We later improved on this design.

Our intakes have more than £200 in materials. Then there is R and D labour and machine costs, most of the machine costs are no the inside remember, at £695 they aren't near £1k. There are other more simple flaws, but I can't give everything away in one post. :)

thanks for that, has given me some points to think about either way it is a base that we can improve on if needed :)

The images have been marked as our own due to hotlinking to images in our photobucket album and images that we own the intellectual rights to being used without our permission on facebook.

As we have requested privately, if you would please forward to us the details we have asked for your apparent grievance with us and the copyright issues can be dealt with through the appropriate channel

Would they not take much to modify any way?

Is it not just a case of cutting the back off and making it small then welding it back together?

Correct me if I'm wrong I have no idea how these are made or what's inside them.

Edited by Lew91