One word, WOW! Never realised you were doing this conversion what a write up. How are you finding the power response and delivery must be a hoot to drive. We are running a 4AGE in the KP but it's the older 16v red top, enough for drifting though! ;) I'll make sure I pay a visit and say hello one day. really nice to see something different is this the first 4age powered Starlet in the UK?

Tobs

Haha, thanks mate, it'll be about the same as yours, untill you overtake me with your hefty mods AND THEN the turbo! :):D

Red top? In your topic it says silvertop 20v.. Which one you got? Um... as far as i know, i'm the only Starlet with a Blacktop in the UK. But i'm going to be staying n/a because the VVT system seems to give me plenty of traction at the starts, never wheel span crazily like i've known glanzas and stuff to do. Just need a bit more power mid-ranged and there we have it. Maybe you can help me with that seeming as we're both looking into the 4ages.

I've asked shelly to contact you tobs because i wanted a TRD quickshift, but your a difficult man to get a hold of these days, don't blame ya for the crazy projects and stuff you got planned. But later on i shall be needing a performance ecu, cams and a few bits and bobs to go with it, but all in due time.. Just tweaking out a few problems here and there.. My exhaust bracket kept snapping probably because of the vibrations when i hit 'Vtec' if you will, etc.

Anyways, yer man, would be good to meet up again, the you can see the same SR that you encountered years ago when shelly was driving it that was a mirror image of yours except you had white wheels if i remember correctly.. ;) Whatever happened to it? I heard Envy performance revived it, but o well..

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, thanks mate, it'll be about the same as yours, untill you overtake me with your hefty mods AND THEN the turbo! ;) ;)

Red top? In your topic it says silvertop 20v.. Which one you got? Um... as far as i know, i'm the only Starlet with a Blacktop in the UK. But i'm going to be staying n/a because the VVT system seems to give me plenty of traction at the starts, never wheel span crazily like i've known glanzas and stuff to do. Just need a bit more power mid-ranged and there we have it. Maybe you can help me with that seeming as we're both looking into the 4ages.

I've asked shelly to contact you tobs because i wanted a TRD quickshift, but your a difficult man to get a hold of these days, don't blame ya for the crazy projects and stuff you got planned. But later on i shall be needing a performance ecu, cams and a few bits and bobs to go with it, but all in due time.. Just tweaking out a few problems here and there.. My exhaust bracket kept snapping probably because of the vibrations when i hit 'Vtec' if you will, etc.

Anyways, yer man, would be good to meet up again, the you can see the same SR that you encountered years ago when shelly was driving it that was a mirror image of yours except you had white wheels if i remember correctly.. :D Whatever happened to it? I heard Envy performance revived it, but o well..

Not quite turbo but who knows he he :o

The KP61 has a 4age 16v but we have a 20v Silvertop with K26 kit at the workshop. This is going in Kevins Glanza just meant would be great if we could steal it for the KP! It's a great project you have going really different pretty impressed tbh. No problem on the parts always happy to deals mate considering we all go back quite far now. We sold the Turbo SR to Kevin @ Envy, he has a Glanza now but I think one of their employees is driving her long live the SR! :p

Have a good day,

Toby

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I :) your car dude.

I noticed it in Banzai (May) and since then wanted a starlet.

I hope to do the 4AGE conversion aswell when insurance allows on mine.

If you don't mind me asking how much was the conversion and engine.

If you don't want to tell me i don't blame you :o

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...