• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, don't forget i have the same engine, but my fuel tank is still the starlet one. So, i go to the petrol station more often than you guys :D

My mechanic used the part that actually goes onto the ITBs because they're the same size. Don't know where the bit sticking out came from, probably just weilded parts of the rest of the tank onto it and shaped it.

Yer, the surge tank is quite easy to take off. Like i said to Mikey, just give it a try, then put it back on, its just a few screws. Thing is tho, these filters may not make any difference in performance to your cars, nor mine. I just HAD to get these because there simply isn't enough room for the surge tank to go in. I looked up the tanks and foudn out that the blacktop surge tank is pretty good as it is. The Silvertop however, was designed badly and held back performance (not entirely sure how, something to do with airflow) so Tom's racing made a special surge tank for the silvertop only to correct this error. I read somewhere that it eventually was corrected and thats how they created the blacktop or somthing like that. I think its in WheelsJamaica.com...

http://www.wheelsjamaica.com/wheels_forum/...p?topic=32929.0 Might be post number 3... Check it out. (also correct me if i'm wrong, but i just scan read this. In my defence.. it was ALOT to read :D:D

• 2 months later...

Heeyy mann !!

Awesome ride you have there !!

Keep up the good work !!..

Have you taken it down the quarter mile yet ?? :lol:

:lol: Really?? that would mean i'm the ONLY ep91 4age... i feel so alone.. :D:D

loll if it makes you feel any better I have a EP70 with a 4A-GE :D but I don't live anywhere near you..!! lol I live in Aruba..

Mine is a 16v with the 20v itb's on it :p

but anw,, keep it up !! B)

Sorry for my absence, been a little busy lately..

Thanks for your comments guys.

Gonzo - Nah, haven't had the chance to take it there yet. Still some small bits and peices to work out here and there.. But i shall in due time.

Tommy_G - Thanks man, yer its not too bad. Not as quick as some of the turbos on here, but i'll catch up soon enough, unless the petrol fees rob me before hand :p:p .

KevinK - ahhh, yer, i've seen some vids on youtube and stuff of p7's on tracks following and overtaking a skyline... :) nice to see, but im not completely sure i can do it now lol. Can i ask, do you know the weight of those models? ITBs always sound nice lol, my bro got a levin before i had my engine in, and i just loved the sound it made, he's got open throttles on atm, and its a sound you gota hear, i decided on a safer route tho and kept filters on, he may call me a chicken for now, but we shall see :(

RME1 - Nice to see some aussies on here :D Yer, i heard about them, so i actually joined the austarletclub to see if i could find more info on the conversion as i was researching it myself.. one person responded and helped me with a few bits and pieces, i think his user name was '4agze', Which remids me, must send some pics as i said i would. Haven't been on that site in a long time..

Need to brows again sometime to find what others did and recommend next, any suggestions guys?

Awesome project mate! What does it go like, the blacktops are 165hp standard aren't they?? Get some vids up pwease! :p

You know what blacktops produce, you were at the rolling road when I had my blacktop Levin done :p

(although mine was underperforming due to a broken VVT solenoid)

Must fly though in a Starlet due to the less weight :)

You coming to JAE Tony?

(please do! :()

Montanajr - Yer, it should be a standard blacktop engine, 165bhp, all i've changed is a HKS exhaust system and changed the intake a bit, don't know how much it would increase tho, so 165 is ok for now. Its not bad, sounds like a beast, but i have yet to test it against somthing. Santa pod will be a next stop soon, once i can get some time off work and it stops raining lol.

I do have a sound clip that my friend recorded... but lets face it.. his phone is crap lol, so i shall wait for another time.

Seed - Haha, not as quick as yours! Which reminds me tho.. you havent shown me your cars potential yet, tho i have had the privalige to sit in it going to town and stuff. :p

Mikey Jay - JAE? Well... its still a maybe.. but even if i was going, it would only be the sunday, arrive and depart. But it would be good to see you guys. If i can find someone to cover for me, i would deffinatly be attending. B)

Still cant believe you're not Mr 4age anymore... ;) You going to be parking on the uksc stand? :D

Lol, wouldn't that award go to Toby? His KP is much lighter than mine and probably has more power. Haven't kept up with his posts tho, theres just too many! ;) Yer, i'd go but i may have to work, thats the problem. But we'll see..

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks mate,

I c, Nope, no room for the original surge tank to go on, thats why i changed it to filters straight away instead of using the box for the meantime.

You'd have to ask my mechanic if you were serious about chopping the chassis and making mounts, i paid him as a whole job so i dont know how much he'd charge. What do you plan on putting the 4age into? EP? KP?

Whilst i'm posting back here, i'd like to say i'm going to JAE. (Didn't want to randomly dig up a dormant post ;) ).

One word, WOW! Never realised you were doing this conversion what a write up. How are you finding the power response and delivery must be a hoot to drive. We are running a 4AGE in the KP but it's the older 16v red top, enough for drifting though! :) I'll make sure I pay a visit and say hello one day. really nice to see something different is this the first 4age powered Starlet in the UK?

Tobs