Hi guys, i've finaly decided to post up the lifeline of my car and here it is:

No. 1. This is the SR without any modifications except tinted windows and stickers, and was owned by my uncle, yes, shelly's uncle aswell and also yes, before she had it... The very beggining.. :p

StarletSR1.jpg

StarletSR5.jpg

StarletSR2.jpg

No. 2. After a short while, shelly managed to get her grubby fingers on the SR B) and lowered it using GMax springs, painted the calipers red and also managed to find a very rare TTE splitter:

StarletSR03.jpg

StarletSR01.jpg

No. 3. She then Decided to follow the colour code and sprayed the back lights of the SR:

StarletSR003.jpg

No. 4. After a while she got bored of the unevenly sprayed lights and ditched them, whilst my cousin started Impulse performance which is part of D2. We used the SR as a form of advertisement and IMO it made the car look sportier:

SR4.jpg

SR1.jpg

SR01.jpg

On the following Christmas, it snowed! So i thought i'd share a picture that shelly took, it might have been because i shoved her outside with the camera and locked the doors :p . By now I was probably still learning how to drive and i soon took the SR off shelly's hands when she abandoned it and moved on to the quicker version shall we say :p

StarletSR0003.jpg

No. 5. Now in my possession, I thought the SR was sick of having its eyeballs ripped out when shelly decided to change the colours of the lights :p , so I had HIDs installed:

Image007.jpg

Image001.jpg

No. 6. I always like the colour coded scheme of black & red so i decided to give the spraying of the rear clusters another go, to me, this was a success. Due to an unfortunate bump of inexperienced driving, i managed to snap the exhaust pipe by reversing too quickly and 'tapping' the high raised curb :p this gave me the excuse to buy a new stainless steel cat back system, the HKS silent hi power exhaust, this is for a turbo car originally but i like to do things that are different... so now, due to the difference in compression ratio i beleive it is not so silent now, but it sounds nice IMO somtimes like a scooby, good thing is.. no decrease in power... not that there was much to begin with.. :

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

No. 7. I followed the colour code scheme of Red & Black further and got my Speedline wheels painted and also got myself a brand new Bride seat for comfort and grip round the corners, i got the Ergo II model bride seat because... well... lets face it... i'm not exactly stick like :p

You may also notice that the brakes are not standard but im not sure when the were changed, somewhere during shelly's time no doubt but they are 3G discs and Green stuff pads:

NewDec004.jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

IMG_3439.jpg

Starlet1.jpg

Starlet2.jpg

IMG_3446.jpg

No. 8. The HIDs i had installed previously started to flicker when the weather was cold and i didn't really want to be driving in pure darkness in unfamiliar territory if it chose to die out on me :p ... so i had them replaced by a new Econ HID system, both HIDs were said to be 6000k but due to brand differences or somthing the colours were not the same :D , this Econ HID system was more white:

DSC00395.jpg

No . 9. Finally i believe i have caught up with shelly's shopping list and have aquired all the items on the list :( . I was informed of a new model of D2s being released soon and waited for its arrival something like the shocks being 20% softer.. The time came and i bought a set for my SR:

Image001.jpg

Here is the old GMax springs i had:

Image000.jpg

And here are the new D2s:

Image005.jpg

Image004.jpg

No. 10. Here are a couple of pictures of what is under my bonnet, my little 4E-FE, hopefully this will give you a hint as to what will come next....... :

CIMG0292.jpg

CIMG0291.jpg

I thought i'd better start to upload the progress so far before it becomes any longer than it already is :p .. I hope i haven't bored you too much..

So... you can WAKE UP NOW!! :p

T

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, very nice indeed B

A Minty McMint example of an SR :p

Looks like it's had a great life so far, and things look like they can only get better :p

Keep up the good work, looking forward to future updates :(:p

Very nice! 4EFTE next I guess?

I think the would look alot better with all the stickers removed, but hey, we all have different tastes! 99 spec Glanza clusters would be nice :p

Also, you selling your old springs with the standard shocks? Can you PM me if so please, with a price. Cheers.

Thanks for your nice comments guys, and thanks ry for the picture :p I got some pics of when we went to the woods aswell when you abandoned us ry.

Idress, sorry mate, giving them to my uncle, but i think my old shocks were on the verge of going neways..

I will be changing the setup of the stickers anyway soon but one thing at a time. The next might be a turbo or it could be sticking to n/a..

T

100% drop dead gorgeous! i totally love this car! wot a history it has had, and wot a great write up too T man, i thouroughly enjoyed that read, its awesome bein able to see the progression of the car from its different owners!

hope u continue its legacy man! she loks stunning at the mo, please re-think bringin her to JAE! PLEASE!!!!!

and some tasty parts there that are also on my shoppin list! manily D2s and paintin my wheels!

keep up the GREAT work T!

Phil.

Thanks guys for the nice comments,

Rajaaa, i don't know where these fog lights came from but i'll ask shelly when i see her, but i wanna get rid of these ones neway because one of the bulbs is gone again and i want the REALLY yellow fog lights to go for a Hong Kong style, i've wanted some for a while, but after seeing cooch's gt it kinda was the icing on the cake.

Thanks Phil, i've always looked up to your car, it's so similar to mine.. yet... so different, probably because of the TTE splitter B):) but i am looking into getting the side skirts and rear bumper off a glanza, sorry to be copying you and Joz :o but it just looks so nice! I may even steal it's rear brake discs aswell B) Unfortunatly tho, i won't be driving to JAE this year, waiting for my biggest modification which is going to be taking place in about october time, but we have plently of great cars at JAE anyways, it's going to be a great turnout.

Hope to see you all there!

T

dude your words are far too kind! u made me freakin blush!!!!!!!! :)B) B) serious! mate your not copyin me and Joz at all dont worry, we werent the first ones to put glanza skirts and spoilers on our n/a's and im sure we wont be the last! in fact, i hereby ORDER u to do it because in black with a black TTE splitter it will look so damn good it will be unbelievable! dear Lord i'm excited even thinkin about how good that would look!! DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! same goes for the rear discs man, please please do it! i havnt done any of those modifications to make mine look like a Glanza, i did them because i personally really like the look of those parts and wanted them on my car!

Keep up the awesome work man! lookin forward to meetin u at JAE next sunday bro!!!!!!!!

im just really really REALL terrified that someone will hit the front of my car or i will hit it because i know if that happens she can NEVER look the same again because i wont be able to get another TTE splitter!!! so freakin scared of that happenin lol!

Phil.

im just really really REALL terrified that someone will hit the front of my car or i will hit it because i know if that happens she can NEVER look the same again because i wont be able to get another TTE splitter!!! so freakin scared of that happenin lol!

Phil.

now thats a scary thought B):)B):o

Thanks for the kind words bro, we are really happy that you can be inspired by our work in the least.

It makes it all worth it...

Im sure you will really make your 'mark' on your car, there is so much going for it, and you have some very decent 'choice' modification on already which is a huge plus.

The road will never be easy Big T but stick to it man, you will reap the benefits later. We are always here if you need help, advice or re-direction :p

Im really looking forward to the progress of not just your project, but all na/uk starlets this year, its gonna really be something... :(

At the end of the day ENJOY it!

Talk soon say lo!

Joz