• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think Joz just said everything there is to say!!! nice one dude!!!

was great to meet u T man!!!! your as pleasant a person in the flesh as u are on UKSc and thats well class!!! hope to meet u again next yr dude! and cant wait to see those plans unfold that u were tellin me about!

Phil.

Thanks guys,

It was nice meeting you too Phil, but now that ive heard your voice and accent i always seem to read your posts with an irish accent and adding your sence of humour to it :unsure: . Hopefully tho, you can manage to drag Joz to next years show.. You'll be coming right di low? :D

T

• 2 months later...

Thanks Wallace for your kind words. Bit late of a reply :) sorry, i havent been on here in a while.

Well, the time has come. I have just ordered the engine that will take up the contents of the engine bay. It should arrive 1 week wednesday is what fensport have told me.. I anxiously await its arrival, i hope everything goes well, more updates to come!

T

Nah, the conversion will be done by my mechanic. I trust his ability, but i'm doing this bit of research to help things go smoothly. Most people say to keep everything of the starlet except the driveshafts.... but the 4AGZE guy in aussi land told me he's using the standard starlet driveshafts... q(o.O)p But we won't know till we try :)

Yer, thorpe park went well, it was nice seeing your girlfriend, she seems like a nice person, she must come out with us again! How much do u wanna give me for it? ;) So i guess now you've discovered that i'm planning a conversion, thats why i said we shall wait and see to you and ollie about thier turbos xD but enough talk, we need more action!

Phil and Rob... ME wanna see first!!!!

T

yea i think i missed the full converstionm too!!! i think we were both still woosy!!! its an interesting conversion though something i had looked at for when funds are a little better its that bit different but still got enough power for the little starlet!!! have you encounterd any huge probs tony???

Well, you might not have heard it at jae, because i was trying to keep it on the down low, jus incase i pulled out.. didnt want to big it up and dissapoint eveyone.

No huge problems YET,because i haven't started, jus talk about the driveshafts thats all atm. Engine mounts need to fabricated, and i've jus heard many possiblities about the driveshafts, some say you can wield and reinforce the starlet and levin driveshafts together (which im probably going to go with), some say you can use the levin driveshafts but then you'd need to change the most things in the starlet to take it like gearbox, bellhouseing, etc. and one has even told me that he's using a standard starlet driveshaft to put it together...

But we won't know till it gets down to it.

I'll keep ya posted when i have something to account for.

However, my hats off to you guys who fought against the weather at JAE and managed to pull through lol (Good thing i only came on sunday :) )

T

:):p ;) Satan is too feared of the Reaper to show up to JAE, i'd have whupped his ass! Tenacious D style!

as yet we still just have the 2banners from last yr, we need to start gettin our asses in gear for flags etc etc!! well remembered actually dude, i'd forgotten about that! nice one!

Phil.

:D :D :D we thank u sir!! didnt really have much choice tho! mark and i drove all that way, we were stayin even if Satan had have showed up and thrown brimstone at everyone!

Phil.

Argh that lovely drive down the A1 driving in the outside lane because the inside lane was flooded at least it stopped raining to get the tents up!!! :p Roll on 2008

Glad to hear its all going smoothly so far Tony!!! it is deffinatly something i would be looking at closely as you go through see weather it would be feasable for myself in a year or two!!! and you had better be there next year Tony!!! satan or no satan :p

Rob

Haha, don't worry man, i'll be there. We just need to make sure others like Geo turn up lol. How are the flags and stuff looking now neways? is there a post in the general section or something? And i hope to see you all there again!

T