Not completely sure on that one lol, i don't have the engine with me to check, but i'll put it past him to make sure.

Yer, i jus got the plastic bit, as that was the only part that was damaged, jus a few scratches here and there on the rocker cover thats all.

But i've just ordered in some Velocity stacks from technotoytuning, well... Jay (my bro, also on Levinoc) did for me. He got some red ones but i wanted silver. It seems all of Wheelsjamaica.com people recommend when they went into full details of the 4age and trumpets.

If you're interested into a long and insightful read, here's one of the links:

http://www.wheelsjamaica.com/wheels_forum/...p;topic=45443.0

I must add tho, 4E-FTE knows sooo much! AND he says:

*** Quote ***

Yes, I back. What the hell have I been doing. Reading! Got some more jap crap, so I'll share it with you all. This is to get all you Levin guys started.

As usual I'll be frank. I'm no tuner. I read, research, and recommend to other folks. I put what I want on my own car. That's it. Want tuning, talk to Toyracer or someone like that. Need ADVICE, I'm most willing as people know. I don't own a Levin (Starlets rule) *** Quote ***

Representing starlets! lol :( How sad am I... <_<

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, saw the website.

Pretty reasonably priced too B)

Was just intrigued as to the shipping costs.

Like the look of the lightweight water pump pulley too, although not sure if would need a different length belt to go with it or not.

Not sure tbh, but lightweight pulleys would be good.

(Is a place near me that make them custom, so could always leave my car with them some time and get a few sets made up, would you be interested in some for your 4age, and maybe Jay too if I did that?)

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, after coming back from Hong Kong i hear that my mechanic also went away, but to egypt instead.. he came back earlier than me and caught the illness that was going around the uk, something about fluids coming out of both ends.. (throwing up and having diarrhea), nice and pleasant, but the point is less work was done to my car than planned but i think its still going well.

Here are some pics of some of the work so far. Still needs to slice bits off for extra room even tho there is JUST enough room after the initial slicing.

Starlet1.jpg

Starlet2.jpg

Starlet3.jpg

Starlet4.jpg

Starlet5.jpg

Starlet6.jpg

Starlet7.jpg

Starlet8.jpg

Starlet9.jpg

Starlet10.jpg

Starlet11.jpg

Starlet12.jpg

Undercar1.jpg

Undercar2.jpg

Gearboxmount.jpg

As you can see, the pulleys for the belts are close to the side. Thats after cutting has been done!

Final results are still to come, as are more updates and more pics.

Any comments are welcome. :p

Thanks guys, yep quite a tight fit, the chassis had to be cut quite a bit, but he has some metal planks hes going to put in to more than make up for the strength in the chassis.

oohhhhh tight squeeze there T man!!!!!

looks sweet tho, all the very best with the conversion mate, hope your mechanic nails it for ya!

Phil.

Yer i hope so too phil lol, but he seems to have done an excellent job so far. If only he could work on it full time it would've been finished already ;)

Thtas awsome mate :p

Inspiring me to stay n/a now :p

Good to know this project has inspired ya sparxx B) . This project was alota hassle tho, much more than if i were to get the 4efte, but thats the price you pay for being different. But if you do go through with this conversion i'll try my best to assist you in it.

More updates to come next weekend as the engine bay get tidied up.