• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yer, i've heard about that... apparently the 4age never shows the power on rolling roads that is stated on paper.. but some figure below it... i'm interested to do a rolling road test to check it out aswell as to get them to pinpoint where my shift light should come on for best performance..

Its interesting you should say that it showed 6500rpm because on paper it should be 7800rpm..

As for me, i haven't hit the limited either, and i didn't have a rev counter, i'm tempted to take the SR out to see where i went, as i shifted by the sound of the engine. Managed to keep up with a Focus ST by sounds and me chasing after he booted it off first. I'd love to see how it really compares tho, this doesnt count, he could be taking it easy tho because he might know the power of an SR. Only one way to find out..

Mikey just goes for it when he needs to :( And besides, we all keep to the limit neways.. :)

Haha, I'll probably give it a miss seeing as me and the car are located in Melbourne Australia :)

I've been on a dyno with mine and the power is certainly up top

Power is in kW, and the rpms is a little bit off as they hold the dyno at 3000 on your tacho, then tell the computer it's at 3000, so any speedo error, tacho error, comes up as a wayward rpm figure. so peak should be about 7800 on mine

th_Dans-Starlet-4age-20V-Dyno.jpg

click on it to see the big version

Haven't yet limited in 3rd as I choose to use a taller diffed gearbox, 3rd would take me to 172 kph before it stopped.

Ok guys, here it is. Some pics to satisfy your curiousity.

These pics were taken a few days ago, but i hadn't had the time to upload them. The latest installation were the yellow fog lights, but now i've put the tachometer in, but curently don't have any pictures of it. I shall put some pics up of the tachometer once i have have my filters on and do it all at once.

But here are some pics for now, just on my dad's drive.

A few pics of my HIDs and yellow foglights, i need something to cut through the fog (when i happens) instead of the HIDs reflecting it back into my face lol. Haven't tested them, but apparently the HIDs will reflect more than the yellow fog lights can cut :) lol. We'll see i guess.. :(

Star_4.jpg

Star_6.jpg

Star_1.jpg

Star_11.jpg

Star_12.jpg

Heres a picture of the horns that were inside the big black plenum chamber/surge tank. These are acting as my 'trumpets' for now untill i get my filters, which wont be long now.. :(

Star_10.jpg

Star_14.jpg

This is where we left the AFM, because the blacktop engine runs by MAP, so we don't actually need the AFM sensor.. don't ask me why they still put it in..

Star_15.jpg

Star_13.jpg

I did everything except the exhaust myself, would've had a go at it myself but I ran out of time and we needed to get it on the track.

All up it's costed me about 2000 AUD to do the swap,

500 for the motor

50 for the gearbox

200 for a chomoly flywheel 4.3kg or something like that

250 clutch kit

150 for a blacktop brain

500 for the exhaust :)

350?? for clamps, cables, hoses, solder, heatshrink and other stuff i've forgotten

I was working at a toyota wrecking yard at the time so getting all the bits wasn't a problem, doing a bit of r&d during my lunch break certainly helped when the time came to make it all work.

Drop half a bottle of octane boost into your next tank, I know my engine/ecu loves it.

yea totaly,

its cool that for the past 4 years this cars just got better and better,

are you gona tune the 4age? some springs and cams along with a few bits and bobs will see a 10 redline?

Not quite that simple Enzo :(

need to uprate the conrods if doing stuff like that, as when too much more power is put through blacktops, the conrods tend to depart the block : :)

Tight for space though eh Tony? :(

(see what you mean when you said the surge tank wouldn't fit)

Thanks guys for your comments, as always, mucho apprieciente. If you have any other comments or suggestions, then shoot, i'm all ears (eyes). :(

Mainly looking forward to see what kind of level the SR is at now, and what it can compete against.

looks awesome man, but u coulda wiped the white writing off the belt cover lol

Yer Si, i plan on getting rid of it later, wanna get the filters put in, get the car raised and then ima get the whole engine cover sprayed, was thinking of all black with the writing red. Kinda wanna stick with the colour theme aswell as keeping the engine mostly black as it is a blacktop engine :( . Any suggestions would be nice.. and taken into account.

yea totaly,

its cool that for the past 4 years this cars just got better and better,

are you gona tune the 4age? some springs and cams along with a few bits and bobs will see a 10 redline?

Thanks Enz, yer tuning will be later, but one step at a time really. i've found a webpage that give part numbers and stuff to the formula atlantic racing 4age, however... knowing that, its probably going to be SOOOOOO expensive :( . It may just be the name thats making it more pricey, who knows.. :)

Tony that is pure awesomness i take my imaginary hat off to you for taking the n/a to another level! :( I would love to go down this avenue and stay n/a but i think the easy option is the 4efte!!! Its a good job we dont do easy :)