• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikey - hmmm... Wheres my notepad??? I'm phoning to patent that idea! Lol, sounds cool mikey, remember to show us when its done. Atm, i think i'm gona stick with my idea for now, until something else comes up. Gona try to keep it mostly black, but i think your idea will look good.

Si - Thanks for the link mate, but i think my hunger for power has been satisfied... for now. I may need the link later tho :(

That looks awesome Tony.

Keep up the good work dude.

P.s. Can i please have your front splitter??

The splitter is mine, aaaaallll mine! *Evil Laugh* muhahahah! Ahem... sorry mate, not for sale. But if you're planning on stealing it, may i suggest Nanglebadger's first.. *changes to advertising voice* ..his comes in a dazzling blurple colour that will catch anyones attention. B) Sorry Phil, its every man for himself :)

Thanks for your comments guys, really apprieciate them.

Scutch0 - Lol, i wouldn't go that far to say i'm a hero :( But its nice to hear, thanks :(

Rob - Thanks Rob, shame you can't join me, but the 4efte is still a boody great engine, with loads of potential. I'm sure you'll do just aswell mate.

More updates to come when i get my filters. They should be arriving tomorrow, as they said it would take only a few days.. if not.. then i guess monday.. only time will tell..

Ok, heres another update. Got the filters a few days ago and they are in, just had time to take some pics and i thought i'd share it with you guys. Had to use my big black surge tank to let the filters clip onto somthing, enjoy.

Filters1.jpg

Filters2.jpg

Filters3.jpg

Filters4.jpg

Filters5.jpg

Filters6.jpg

nah, they're the standard quad that come on the 4age 20v blacktop mate.

loving the filters mate... i cant wait till i can see this car in the flesh!

got any driving clips for us yet?

Thanks guys,

Scutch0 - yer, they're standard 4AGE blacktop ITBs. No vids as of yet, but it IS loud. :( The filters seem to have made it a little quieter than the open throttles, but still sounds as nice as any toyota or honda valve timing car. :p

SiCaln - Yer dude, its be ready for a few weeks. Been driving it around and my level atm is about Ford Focus STs and Honda Integra type Rs DC2. Thats all i've played with so far..

All thats left to do is to raise the car again. I raised it 5mm at the front because the downpipe is soo low, making all of the exhaust system low aswell. Some scrapping still going on coming off my drive (somtimes), so i think i need to raise it some more.

Nice mate, those filters look the mutz nutz :p

SiCaln - Yer dude, its be ready for a few weeks. Been driving it around and my level atm is about Ford Focus STs and Honda Integra type Rs DC2. Thats all i've played with so far..

Sounds like theres a lot of fun to be had with it :(

Only the Oil breathers are K&N, the air filters are B&N or somthing like that, no one seems to have heard of it, except the people who work there lol. But as long as it filters out the crap then its fine lol, they were £15 each.

Mikey J - Thats another breather.

SiCaln - Yer, will do soon, when i can get time off work.

But i think i'm going to the reading meet on the 15th (tuesday).. Anyone interested? Me, shelly and Seed are going..

Mikey - As for the part numbers... i seem to have lost the receipt... :( But i can ask anytime at the bike shop, they know exactly what i got if you want. All the filters and breathers are NOT what they have in stock, so you can probably get them from any bike place.

O yer, the air filters are S&Bs. It was close... lol

Yer, there were. but i've thrown the packaging away. I can find out for you tho, i have the spec sheets in my car i think. Aha! the S&B air filters are RC106 They are 48mm wide on the inside.

The oil breathers are 10mm = 62-1320 and the other one is 14mm = 62-2480

As for fitting.. The oil breathers were easy, the big one which you can see at the corner of the engine just pops onto the metal pipe. The small one behind it goes into a tube, but this tube of mine didnt have anything sticking out, so we just found some metal pipe and used it as a connector.

The Air filters tho needed somthing to be made for it to clip onto. Unlike the trumpets where they come with screws to bolt the trumpets onto the throttle body itself, the filters use metal ties. I got my mechanic to use the surge tank i had, as the diameter is the same and we knew it bolted on. So in the pics, the black bits under the filters are my surge tank :(

Were there not part numbers on the packaging?

Were they easy to fit by the way?

you keeping your car now??

interested in these filters also. is the big box easy to take off? i had a look and the allen key on the left and right are very hard to get to :(

when you say surge tamk, do u mean the bottom of the black box?

Damian, the whole of the awkward black box is the surge tank

ahh i kinder worded it wrong lol, i ment the things used to hold the filters on, was the bottom of the surge tank used? and was making sure the surge tank was the box not some thing else lol

you keeping you bzg now dude? i now relise what you ment about ae111 drinking petrol :D oh well im having fun!