torque damper kit opinions

this is something we have been looking in to. it wouldnt really do much as it is on the one side of the engine. if there was an engine damper that could me made to fit from the firewall to a main gearbox bolt the affect would be very noticable.

ive seen a few silk roads and similar types break at the bracket as the force being exerted on the braket afeectively causing the engine to twist

So they say, they are also stupidly expensive for no apparent reason, a little damper and a CNC plate for £100?

I wonder if you could adapt a better controlled version with the air shock off a mountain bike...

Plus you can pick a used air shock up for as little as £30, lighter, adjustable (pump it up rock solid for the track) and serviceable if it ever leaks

Edited by Addymk2

most engine movement comes the passenger side. lots of companys makes stuff that is stupidly expensive and people lap it up because its "rare" or "they said it did this" i have a silk road in the garage that has snapped due to the stress put on it because it is in the wrong place to do anything worthwhile :) ill get some pics later and explain a bit more

Bike shocks are made for compression not sure it would works it needs to dampen in and out surely to be working to the max

A decent bike shock has adjustable damping and all sorts, a halfrauds special bikes shock is just made for show lol

I no my current bike shock has adjustable rebound, damping and compression and so do most decent air cans. A coil setup like the one above wont have as many adjustment options bar changing the spring for a different weight and maybe the rebound.