Compression test results, any good?

Just done a compression test to ensure my engine has the best chance of coping with td04.

The results I've got were:

Cylinder 1--------Cylinder 2--------Cylinder 3-------Cylinder 4

172----------------176-----------------175----------------175

Is this ok?

Edited by A L 3 X

Spot on results, did you remove all four sparkplugs and have throttle fully open. I like to see compression jump to 65_70psi on the first turn then build quickly from there.

Hi mate, I just removed one plug at a time as the instructions told me to, will that still be accurate?

Was done on a warm engine with efi fuse and king lead removed and throttle open.

The mileage on the engine is roughly 70k miles mate serviced just before every 3000 miles since I've had it

When doing a compression test is it ok to just remove the king lead to disable ignition? If the fuse also HAS to be removed where is this situated? I am planning on doing a com test this week :)

yes on the king lead and its the efi fuse in the fuse box at passenger wing

as long as the engine runs fine without smoke or excessive oil consumption then it will be ok for a td04, all engines I've comp tested have bein 150psi even

Mine has the occasional bit of smoke which I assumed was the turbo due to it only happening since fitting a decat, therefore I did the compression test to ensure it.