Dilemma (poll inside)

Dilemma  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right, as a few guys know, I bought a universal backybox for the Paseo whilst at JAE.

Well, went to local tuner Trac Art to see about getting it fitted, and discovered I have the most awkward exhaust system ever.

As standard, the cars backbox has the piping entering the top, where the fumes filter down, then come out the tip which sits about 6 inches lower than where it enters.

This makes fitting an aftermarket backbox pretty much impossible without putting it at a gay angle, or having two 90degree bends, which would lose performance :D

The guy was helpful and honest with me, and talked me through what was wrong, rather than taking my money and doing a bodge job (as I'm sure some garages would do)

The only way to fit it would be a full custom system, which is OTT for a 1.5 n/a car tbh (no offence to people like phil with their systems etc but dont want to spend all that on just an exhaust)

Also, he was looking over the whole car, well, mainly the engine, and he confirmed what some people had already said regarding how untuneable the engine is.

Well, it can be worked on, but would be a case of spending lots of money for very little gains.

As a result, now knowing I have a near unmoddable car (so to speak, as even body parts are stupidly rare), I'm once again swinging back towards the idea of a GT (quadlight model), as I want a car that I can work on without hitting a brick wall every time I want to do any work.

Your esteemed opinions and votes please :unsure:

(fors and againsts regarding running Turbo cars would be nice too :lol: )

Mikey you are a numpty!

Just get the GT that you've always been going on about instead of pussy footing around!

You should know by now universal means it fits feck all!!!! :unsure:

I voted for PASEO GT TURBO.

And the 5efe is not untuneable MJ, but the guy was right in saying £££ for little gains.

But you should know better, you won't get anything without spending a lil' lol.

I didnt actually vote because I don't trust you lmao :lol:

Joz

Cheers for the replies guys

:p @ Meech, like I'm going to do that.

@ Sparky, go away :p I'd NEVER get a corsa. And only after the different backbox for visual purposes tbh, so wasnt going to fork out £300-£400 for a whole custom system :lol:

I keep looking at getting a GT (did look at Glanzas but the higher buying and insurance is a bit offputting - as in would need a biiig loan :p) but keep getting talked back out of it by the bloomin rentals...... :p

Thing is, the Paseo is mechanically perfect, and if I got a GT, I might end up getting one with all sorts of problems, it's just whether or not to take the risk.

Plus there's the whole comfortableness of the Paseo, which is helping keep me unsure, as I know a GT won't be quite as comfortable, but, on the other hand....I could have a turbo, which outweighs that for sheer adrenaline.

On the other hand again though, with a turbo car there's more parts to go wrong surely compared to an n/a ?

(not the wealthiest guy around so can't be spending money on repairs :p:lol: and need to car for work :p)

Basically, as usual, I make the simple things in life pretty comlicater for myself, for no reason :p :P

your so indecisive!!!!!!!!!!! sweet lord!!!!!!!!!!!!! first u told me u were offered a GT, then u enquired about eck's V, then u were stayin paseo...i give up with u man!!!

i aint votin because u dont listen to me anyway!!!!!!!!!! :lol::p :P :lol::p :P :p :P :p

Phil.

indecisive i'll seconed that!!!!!

I blame you and Phil for me getting that backbox and causing this problem anyhoos :lol:

(just messing)

Spose need to have a go (or at least a ride in) someone's Glanza or GT, to decide if it's what I really want....

indecisive i'll seconed that!!!!!

Well I'll third that!!

Mikey you have to be the most indecisive person I have ever met

I'm not voting because there is no point, you should never have bought the paseo you should have just got a GT then a saved yourself all this messing about :p:lol::p:lol:

I'm not voting because there is no point, you should never have bought the paseo you should have just got a GT then a saved yourself all this messing about :p:lol::p:p

You are incredibly correct there sir.

But age does bring wisdom and all that :p

And tis really easy with hindsight :lol:

Oh well, you live and learn though.....

I'd personally like to see a Turbo'd Paseo!

But if you go down that route you'll have all sorts of decisions to make, as there will be more aspects of the car that will need to be upgraded. Image the amount of polls on the site asking what brand of brakes, coilys (or struts), exhuast, wheels, etc, etc.

So for the sake of all out sanity, just get a GT that'll need little to no modding done to it.

:lol: I wouldn't be THAT cruel :p

If I did take that route I have ideas of what to do and know who to ask for help anyhoos.

Wouldn't be able to turbo the Paseo for a good few years or so if I was taking that route though due to insurance.....

I aint even bothering! :p

Give it 2 weeks and he will be posting very much the same thing once again!

Sorry MJ but these post are getting a bit annoying now! :p

ditto that :p:lol:

At the end of the day this is a choice YOU have to make so not point in even posting this :lol: