Earthing kit, Any point?

Hi, I've recently bought a Glanza V in need of a bit of work so Im currently sorting out a few oil leaks and generally tidying the engine bay. The previous owner fitted an Earthing kit. Personally its not my cup of tea as a load more random wires running about the bay looks untidy so my question is, have any of you got or fitted an earthing kit and noticed a difference? Surely the factory earths are sufficient as long as they are clean and make a good connection? One of the wires is connected to the PLASTIC dizzy cap so im sure this one isn't doing much anyway! :D

Thanks for the help :thumbsup:

They are supposed to make a difference, like reduce static shock off the car body, make a better circuit and reduce interference etc. But can't say I've noticed any difference in terms of running performance.

The main idea is that is reduces noise in the electrical system

This will give brighter lights, quicker starts etc as stuff is generally grounded better

Especially on older cars like the starlet the electic system isn't the best in the world and thicker grounds and more of them help. It's probably not gonna make a difference on a newer car

I read something once where a car magazine did back to back dynos and actually gained a few horse power (like 3-5hp). They put this down to sensors reading more accurately due the reduced electrical noise

I wouldnt bother with it, i you are that fussed put a new heavy duty cable from battery to chassis, from the same point on the chassis to the engine and that will be plenty ino

I've relocated my battery and all i did was earth from my rear strut tower to the battery and run a small earth along the drivers side from the engine and earth it at all the earthing points along the way just to help create a constant earth directly from the engine. Been like it 4 years and it works fine with out all the messy earthing kit wires :)

I can see what both sides are saying and in the offroading world this is very true you need to earth everything as rubber joints/oxidation/and old cable can affect charging from the alternator and when your running 3 winches that run 480 amps per winch per min we run two or even 3 alternators you need the earth to match the pull otherwise fires are very real possibilitie

So with that in mind it does make a difference and like above big earth from battery to chassis then to block will be plenty I would make it the same size a the live then it matches

But each to there own I noticed on my earth kit the clock is slightly brighter lol so well worth it