Has anyone ever done an engine lift on a starlet?

ummm, well dry sump you can talk to east coast customs in ireland, or through the trader site on toyotagtturbo.com.

as for raising the engine id not want to bother with the hassel as you would need to alter all the mounts and the wont be simple mods tbh when you could eith wind the coilovers up a tad or stiffen them.and stay away from speed bumps lol, had my v quite low and never realy hurt the sump major, its a steel sump too so would have to beat it fookin hard to properly damage it badly in which case id re asses your driving skills haha

Im not really looking to spend big bucks on this car so i reckon a dry sump is out of the question.

Im not worried about breaking it in one hit, its slowly scraping through it im worried about.

I havent checked out the rear engine mount yet, but i believe the other too shouldnt be that much problem, i know alot of welders and engineers so hopefully if i cant modify the standard ones enough i can get some made or something.

Tris know's whats up!

I dont wana just delay smashing the sump, id rather get it up out the way, protecting the 'box, pulling the exhaust up and, getting the driveshaft angle abit closer to being non-rediculous so i dont eat through cv's. Ill see if its gonna be cost/effort worthy first though. Although i do enjoy doing things no one else has done before, it only makes me wana do it more haha

Edited by dan106

Just make a 3mm-5mm plate and put it over the sump. If I HAD to modify it and didn't care a massive amount I'd just bash it in with a hammer and shorten the oil pick up. Or cut the bottom off and weld a new bottom. Probably a better idea lol. Make sure the pick up is still right near the bottom of the sump obviously lol... Never heard of any starlet having sump problems though :p. How low are you?

Just make a 3mm-5mm plate and put it over the sump. If I HAD to modify it and didn't care a massive amount I'd just bash it in with a hammer and shorten the oil pick up. Or cut the bottom off and weld a new bottom. Probably a better idea lol. Make sure the pick up is still right near the bottom of the sump obviously lol... Never heard of any starlet having sump problems though :p. How low are you?

Im sure the floor will dent it for me aha, yeah if i was gna do it id just cut the bottom off and weld it on higher up.

And im on tein front coilovers wound all the way down, on 13's with 165/55 tyres aha

break it and buy one another one haha, buy every sump you can find

That is what im thinking, but i just cba having to get towed because ive hit my sump!

Get the sump reinforced, im sure someone I know with vw got it done on theirs because it was going through sunps quite alot with it being so low lol

Id rather not hit it thou, the more i tuck up the less it scrapes!

Tell your sump to man up and stop being a faggot. Little bit of road never killed nobody!

(Addymk2's motivational speech of the morning, feel free to quote this when you speak to your sump)

Haha, ill be giving a stern telling off if it sprouts a hole!

Just weld a plate underneath the sump and let that scrape job done ! That's what we have done for the last 18 years when are cArs are to low

This is probably what ill end up doing, easiest thing, just have to see how long it lasts ha