Apexi FC and maf?? HELP

We've got 550cc's to run with it, the fellas GT was running a tdo4 @ 1bar and made 269bhp with this set up.

Hoping the maps still on there tho and it's all ready to go

Got it pretty cheap to, to cheap infact

I think I've seen that gt was it gold?

Bloody nora 269bhp@1bar !!

We didn't go up to the house to see it, it's quite a well to do area to say the least. His eBay picture showed a white one tho.

Yeah I don't know if it was forged or not, probably guessing it was by the size of his house lol

MAF goes in between the Airfilter and turbo. And you need to have some distance between the turbo and the MAF it will cause idling issues.

You can run the MAF in the boost pipes, however, they cannot take the pressure and blow the square plastic bit apart at more than a bar of boost.

Edited by Rubix_Cube
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumping this up for a bit more info.

We've fitted it with the injectors it was mapped with and the car don't run, we've plugged the standard ecu back in and it fires first time.

Does any one have any ideas?

Our cars on tdo4 the same as the ecu was mapped to.

We havn't had time to check for fault codes yet, it just turns over and attempts to fire but dies off again.

Edited by Lew91

Nah its programmed into the memory of the ecu.

Have you checked the spark plugs? Are they wet? My guess is its overfueling if it won't fire.

Have you got the software? I believe there is a 4EFTE base map you can revert back to if you need to.

Nah its programmed into the memory of the ecu.

Have you checked the spark plugs? Are they wet? My guess is its overfueling if it won't fire.

Have you got the software? I believe there is a 4EFTE base map you can revert back to if you need to.

Oh right well it could be over fueling we're using 550cc injectors but they guy who we got them from said it was mapped with them as well.

No I don't have any software, just ecu and maf.

We're on our way back to pool now to see the fella about his turbo kit, I'll see what he has to say.

Just spoke to the fella, his engine was running billet cams so I'm guessing the timings completely out.

Nice fella tho he's got some good bits and there rather cheap.

Get a timing light in it. Could be the fuel pressure not set right. If he was running a lover base fuel pressure it would cause it to over fuel. Just opening the throttle while cranking should make it at least try to fire

Full story is that Apexi never made a power FC specifically for the starlet. There were two companys that adapted the power FC to be use on a starlet one was AP Engineering which are the more commonly found ones based on an MR2 unit. This one is one adapted by HRF, i'm not sure what the base unit was but could have been nissan based as they commonly use a MAF.