How to make an actuator work on a rotated TD04.

Well as quite a lot of people know i've been having boost issues lately with it dropping off boost.

Basically the set up is obviously td04 rotated but the actuator hanging on by 1 bolt. So i took off the turbo today to check wastegate penny and turbine etc, all was fine.. So i had a slight vision of how to make the actuator sit as it should using simply what i had in the house today without spending ANY money!

Here goes! (warning, what you may be about to see will certainly not be up to some peoples standard, BUT IT WORKS SO FUCK YOU).

So the parts i used, a very short list lol.

Angle grinder.

Welder.

C spanner.

Drill.

And obviously the actuator itself.

Said c spanner;

IMAG1777_zps73a93e06.jpg

This is how it was going to be roughly before i tacced it on with the welder. As you can see i drilled a hole further up by the bend so it would bolt into the hole on the turbo;

IMAG1778_zps94b3ab20.jpg

Said welder (in progress);

IMAG1779_zpsa597c035.jpg

Where i welded it;

IMAG1782_zps8e0e2daa.jpg

Making sure that the wastegate penny is closed, of course;

IMAG1783_zps21742a10.jpg

And that's pretty much it guys, i didn't want to go mad on the welding cause it would have probably put a hole in it eventually even with the welder on minimum.

I'm sure you can work out what it would look like on, but it sure as hell works and boost is back like normal! So so happy and pretty proud of my self haha.

As you all know there is the DIY guide on TGTT of how to make an adaptor for your actuator, which you'd have to buy metal for unless of course you have that metal laying around. But like i said i just used what i had laying around :).

Thanks.

Edited by Rbz.

Yeaahh buddy, glad you sorted it !

Yeah boyyy :). Not for sale now LOL.

You fucking cowboy! lol if it works it works tho aye ;) i cant say much *cough cable ties*

George.

Haha yeah man, fuck it! It's secure and it works how it's supposed to :)

Haha that's pretty pikey! But if it works then jobs a good one!

Haha yeah i guess, i didn't want to buy anything though and obviously i wanted it to work properly cause i was about 2 hours from putting it up for sale, like legitly! So yeah, all good :).

i just used the standard bracket from the ct9, but flipped it round so the end bends away from the wastegate side

Nice man any pics?