Bought a track car, Shitron Saxslow

I know how you all love these bad boys so thought I would post what I'm picking up at the weekend.

I did my first track day at cadwell on Sunday in a gti6 and it was bangin, so I needed a track car in my life

its a 1996 VTS, track ready and apparently its fairly rapid for what it is. Its fully stripped, straight through stainless with 421 mani. Apparently its cammed but yet to have proof, doesn't sound cammy on tickover but don't think they are rough on tick over when they have fast road cams so yet to find out. Its got Dunlop formula R tyres on it

the tyres alone are were over 300 quid so for the price I paid I'm very happy with the car.

The plan is to use it on many track days until it goes bang.

In terms of mods I will be putting bilstein dampers and uprated discs and pads, then go from there.

For cheap track fun I don't think I can go wrong tbh.

KGrHqNhsFEEM4pyF0BRI9NruR-g60_58_zps8d6a

KGrHqRigFEIzoHMmBRI9PKUB60_58_zps83eee87

KGrHqZiwFDyvmQfSTBRI9OgZOYw60_58_zps2a70

KGrHqNqEFEFc3KU6CBRI9Om6Q60_58_zpsf815ba

anyways, heres some pictures.

Ive had over 20 of these lol,one of which made 156bhp and the other made 148.9 atw,you'd be suprised what those figures can do in a car that weights nothing.

Go for the right mods and you'll suprise alot of people on track!

Ps cammed/chipped vts' rev to 8200 (if i remember right) so have a check for that.

Edited by Ep82jm

I'm hoping with a bit of tweeking this should see around 150. I'm guessing at the minute its between 130 - 140 (hopes)

If ita not cammed its probably not even making 130 atw,slap a set of cams and a chip in it until you see the differance ;)

Nice dude, bet that will be great fun on a track although seems a tad high :p Got a mate with a vtr with a supercharged c2 vts engine in it! Hope to see it on track some time. What are your plans for days?

Nice dude, bet that will be great fun on a track although seems a tad high :p Got a mate with a vtr with a supercharged c2 vts engine in it! Hope to see it on track some time. What are your plans for days?

When the shockers are fitted it will have some springs fitted at the same time.

What do you mean by whats my plans for days?

ah ok, Theres one on either the 6th or 8th April at Cadwell, its open pit lane, any beofre then are fully booked.

Then theres a couple more over the coming months in may and june..

Will definitely like to have a go on other tracks as well, just that cadwells 10 miles down the road.

My brother says often people just turn up on the day without booking and still get on track. I'm sure if your waving a couple hundred smackers in there face, theyre not going to turn you away.

A friend is there on the 13th and I am waiting back from another mate about the 6th at Cadwell with opentrack. You should have come to PPC in may at mallory, the Track-ninjas have almost booked out a full track session

lolol at the title of this thread lolol

u plannin on doin some off roadin with that ride height? :p

will be interestin to see what you do with it

I'm partial to a bit of green laneing lol.

Basic plans are to sit it lower on shocks and springs, lower the rear torsion bar. get a cambelt cover along with a new cambelt. new discs and pads, put a dash back in maybe and some lexan sheet windows

Im sure u can Stick some 282's on it from like a 407 or big old bus people carrier for a cheap brake upgrade!

My mates got a 106 gti with basically the same mods (exhaust+mani and intake) and just made 140fly or about 111wheel and 120lbft rapid little motor considering what its had done. Its not all that far off my ep, but he is stripped and im repping full interior :p

Edited by morgey

I had a mk1 vts bought off a woman as stop gap car and to see how long it would last was £650 full history 80k etc I had it 2 weeks and wanked the gearbox doin a jump over a sand dune flat out back wards and then blew it up but would buy another one to see how long it will last

Here's how I got it

755ECBB2-B26F-4332-8E53-D42C88F2CAAA-320

And here's it tryna do an emmisions test before it died

F509DD26-8A88-4391-B09C-2451B37165DC-320

my bro had one of these running 140 bhp on cams which went pretty well and my mates have got 106 gtis one at 160 bhp on throttle bodies and the other 405 bhp turbo, as you can imagine they are all pretty nippy,

plenty of spare parts for sale on saxp so if you ever break anything its relativly easy to fix

• 3 weeks later...

ive had two of these now and surprised a fair few people ;) its true about reliablility tho they are shit 2 days and my driveshaft went then tyres and some other shit. 67k fsh tax test 1woman owner only did 200 miles lol -.- they are good fun tho a mate had a silver one with carbon enclosed induction bmc or whatever it is cat cam 708's mapped full supersprint system just short of 150bhp but it went like the fucking clappers !! cheap to fix cheap to mod but money pits can guarantee a repair a week