• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could we keep on topic please guys

(As much as I love the little stabs at the mod team)

Every thread doesn't need to resort back to the CJP issue this is us as a site trying to do all we can to ensure both buyers and sellers can stay as protected as possible in the marketplace.

We cant win im afraid...

Do Nothing

We get slated for not doing anything about it...

Limit via Post Count

Will only cause spam on the forum for people to up the postcount to be able to post in there.

Limit via Account Age

30 Days... Gets annoying and will stop alot of folks who are genuine from using the site. Ontop of that after 30 days they can scam who they want?

Limit via Membership

If the membership was £10.... or £5.... We wouldnt have enforced it. But at £1.95... We feel it will deter alot of the idiots...

Ontop of that if your into your starlet and want to be a part of the scene the benefits go further then just access to the marketplace...

To top it off. If you getting out of the starlet scene and breaking or selling all your parts, and if you arent a member already. Its going to cost you £1.95 to sell pretty much all your parts...

Thats the reasons we chose what we did. We always listen to members, so if 100 people kicked off and said argh thats a stupid idea, bla bla bla, then we'd reconsider....

But id rather have this then let you lot get scammed!

Take as many sly digs as you want Asad, I sure you'd be one of the first to complain if it was you out of pocket from a scammer...

Limit via Membership

If the membership was £10.... or £5.... We wouldnt have enforced it. But at £1.95... We feel it will deter alot of the idiots...

Ontop of that if your into your starlet and want to be a part of the scene the benefits go further then just access to the marketplace...

To top it off. If you getting out of the starlet scene and breaking or selling all your parts, and if you arent a member already. Its going to cost you £1.95 to sell pretty much all your parts...

On top of that, it means we atleast have a name and a paypal address, and probably/possibly a postal address.

On top of that, it means we atleast have a name and a paypal address, and probably/possibly a postal address.

^^Exactly mate. Can you reserve the right to disclose this information to relative parties should an incident occur?

Also how people can complain about having to pay £1.95 is beyond me there are people with very few posts and are club members. Yet there are people with posts running into the thousands yet they are still to purchase a membership but are most likely the people who kick and scream when something changes that they don't like.

It's easy to see they they admin team are doing everything they can to make the market place as safe as they possibly can but they cant protect you against someone with a hidden agenda or your own stupidity. Personally I would make the seller rules far more strict as I've seen on alot of forums that post count and membership age has an effect but arguements against these have been given above.

Anyway making the market place more strict is only a positive in my eyes and hope it can help to take the club forward. Unfortunately we will always have awkward fold dragging their heels.

Edited by StuDoc 72

Its the members who can prevent most of it when general buying, as youve said there is very little you can do jobs/commitments etc etc....by all means enforce the £5/10/15/20 members fee to sell stuff send out some free stickers etc etc those who want to be part of it wont mind paying it....right??...youll have there address/paypal...not sure about the legal side of things....but if they say no to some stickers then it raises the question...are they genuine?

get a contact number/pay by paypal properly/hell even get there address/after two weeks post up...if nothing comes of it file for a refund....simple really if you cant do atleast that then your asking to be bent over

all you had to say to james was "listen up boyo, we can see there are issues with your products...shit happens....no more product releases/taking money/deposits till its ALL sorted...consider this as a warning"

i mean if people are still complaining about the pulleys which iirc were one of the first things he made/put on the market...he obviously wasnt put into line..nip it in the bud and all that...the "new" rules you released are for general members of the public who want to sell but what if a trader is playing up? what have you changed to prevent that happening?

The members need to come out and be honest when something goes wrong with a seller/trader...stops things from escalating

oh and as for the whole "digs" thing...im just speaking my mind and what i think...my opinion like it or lump it....your failing to remember i dont drive a starlet anymore most of my parts are sold bar the car....i dont have to be here i just want to help out...as with alot of owners who stick around i enjoy the banter and want to put something back into the site

Edited by Asad

i mean if people are still complaining about the pulleys which iirc were one of the first things he made/put on the market...he obviously wasnt put into line..nip it in the bud and all that...the "new" rules you released are for general members of the public who want to sell but what if a trader is playing up? what have you changed to prevent that happening?

The members need to come out and be honest when something goes wrong with a seller/trader...stops things from escalating

oh and as for the whole "digs" thing...im just speaking my mind and what i think...my opinion like it or lump it....your failing to remember i dont drive a starlet anymore most of my parts are sold bar the car....i dont have to be here i just want to help out...as with alot of owners who stick around i enjoy the banter and want to put something back into the site

There are rules for Traders and some of which were broken to be honest. We have ince refreshed these, but rules or not this still would have happened I feel.

Members need to keep us informed if there not happy... Yes I agree, dont be afraid to tell a member of staff (wow that felt like I was a school teacher lol)

To be honest I dont think the staff have done anything wrong at all... But we cop alot of flack for it so we have to try and prevent it in future!

Asad, we ourselves weren't even aware that people were still having pulley issues, Shorty for example had never contacted us to say there was a continuing issue after being machined and we'd had feedback from others that has been machined to say they were spot on.

Communication issues did arise after I became ill last year which meant James' time became very stretched, it was something we were trying to deal with by asking Ryan Lang to help out.

Same path we have been down before the shit stirrers/keyboard gangsters who like to have a dig at anybody when they are down even though its got fuck all to do with them.

Im on nobodies side in this matter but people on here who think they can just have a dig at folk when it has nothing to do with them is just irritating and pathetic. Only helps to fuel the fire and increase the whole bravado aspect.

This again is going OT

Edited by StuDoc 72

Idon't mean stay quiet but there are people who think adding in snide comments are funny. Fair enough if its a light hearted thread theres no harm but when its something like this people cant start wading in with my brothers cousins friend bought this off you and it was shit.

It's a bit childish to be honest especially if it has no effect on them and isn't going to help solve the problem.

I think post count and lenght of membership should also be taken into consideration,

At the end of the day anyone can purchase a £1.95 membership and start ripping people off straight away.

I dont buy anything of annyone with a low post count, newbies or if they are not very active on the forum i also look at their previous posts etc,

I think post count and lenght of membership should also be taken into consideration, At the end of the day anyone can purchase a £1.95 membership and start ripping people off straight away. I dont buy anything of annyone with a low post count, newbies or if they are not very active on the forum i also look at their previous posts etc,

That does work to an extent but there are quite a few of us that don't really post that much and as Matt has said post count limits just encorage spam on the board.

Like everything if someone is that determined to come on here and rip people off they will find a way, it's just a case of getting the balance right to put the scammers off from trying it on but not putting genuine menbers off from using the club and all it's features that it has to offer.

Going slightly OT but maybe folk have got to realise that maybe with the higher priced named brands there is a reason why they cost that much and it's not just a name you are paying for. Both major companys and some of the smaller ones sell products for resaonable prices when you take into account all the design, developement and testing costs a new product should go though before it reaches the market.

The old saying of "If somethings cheap it's always cheap for a reason" comes into play. If there is a product out there much cheaper than what everyone else is selling it for the first question should be why? In most cases this comes down to quality and the fact that it's a copied product saving that company the design and developement costs.