Its a shame its come to this, we wanted to be relaxed with rules and trust folks, but as of recent occurences... Here Goes!

post-2707-0-09965400-1363883378.jpg

As you can see when you go to view the marketplace, some new guidelines/rules are now displayed...

Buyers:

• We recommend paying via PayPal to protect your money.
  • Never send your payment as a Gift to dodge Fee's. This will void any chances of buyer protection should there be an issue.
  • Your dealing with members of the public not with ukstarletowners.com
  • Check the feedback section to see if the member your dealing with has any history, good or bad.

Sellers:

• All adverts need to be approved by a member of staff, please allow 24 hours. (Usually within minutes at peak times)
  • If you fail to fill out each section of the provided template the advert will not be approved.
  • Don't advertise items your expecting to have soon, if you don't have it in your possession, don't post an advert.
  • If you take payment for items and then don't send them you will be banned from ukstarletowners.com
  • Send Items Recorded (Tracking No.) to help protect yourself.

On top of this, we have also made the marketplace for Paid Members Only to sell items.
Don't worry, all you basic members will still be able to view, reply and use the marketplace.
But to sell items is going to require purchasing a Full Club Membership (£1.95 a year) through our club store.

Become a Full Member Today

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/store/product/7-1-year-club-membership/

Obviously its impossible for us as staff to protect everyone from every scammer out there, we can only try our best!

On top of this, we don't know who is or isn't a scammer until we are notified. Its been commented recently that people were suprised we were doing nothing about this. If people don't tell us, we don't know and we cant offer help. Please also realise your dealing with members of the public. It could be anyone on the other end of the internet! We will ALWAYS try and help best we can, but please make sure your clear on the guidelines and you shouldn't have a problem!

We provide a service for you guys to use, it only takes 1 or 2 to ruin it for everyone else.

We will always try to help anyone on this website. Buyers or Sellers. Please remember we can only help so much and we dont have law and order powers!

Hope this helps!

Regards

UKSO Staff

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There good rules to have! i dont see how anyone could argue with them!

Making the marketplace for paid members only was talked about before but was decided against upon the cost of membership (£10)..

But now since the membership is less then £2 a year... It will hopefully clean the marketplace up and filter out some of the bad folk!

That will all go to helping the club!

Its also the biggest and busiest starlet parts marketplace on the internet... So its worth it!

Making the marketplace for paid members only was talked about before but was decided against upon the cost of membership (£10)..

But now since the membership is less then £2 a year... It will hopefully clean the marketplace up and filter out some of the bad folk!

That will all go to helping the club!

Its also the biggest and busiest starlet parts marketplace on the internet... So its worth it!

Spot on decision! Can't argue with that at all! Glad these rules are now in place!

rules seem pretty fair but to be honest i think more importantly for the sites the rules for traders should be looked into the one that comes to mind first is no full payments can be taken until a trader actually has said item's fair enough say a 10% deposit to confirm genuine interest. its wild that certain traders have took peoples money for products they dont have in stock for months leaving absolutely no protection at all even with paypal. i was in the same boat a few months ago with this trader and am in no doubt the only reason i got my money back was due to phil going out this way to chase up the person.

Edited by _shaun_

rules seem pretty fair but to be honest i think more importantly for the sites the rules for traders should be looked into the one that comes to mind first is no full payments can be taken until a trader actually has said item's fair enough say a 10% deposit to confirm genuine interest. its wild that certain traders have took peoples money for products they dont have in stock for months leaving absolutely no protection at all even with paypal. i was in the same boat a few months ago with this trader and am in no doubt the only reason i got my money back was due to phil going out this way to chase up the person.

This will be covered in another thread dude... That will be posted up very soon!

What happens to those of us that have posted an item in the for sale section, but aren't currently a full member?

We arent going to remove your advert fella!

They will stay where they are, you just wont be able to post a new advert until you upgrade to becoming a full member...

Hey, u may not need to sell anythign else!

We arent going to remove your advert fella!

They will stay where they are, you just wont be able to post a new advert until you upgrade to becoming a full member...

Hey, u may not need to sell anythign else!

Cheers. I have a few bits lying around I need shot off, so I guess I'll be purchasing a full membership!

Already a paid member :) thankfully as ill have stuff to sell soon!

Its a good thing imo! Stops people signing up just to flog stuff or ripping people off and will hopefully help out with costs of running the site :).

by the way - possession is spelt wrong lol.

Edited by scottyb