people with black paint.. best polish bring black alive??

If it's been machine polished, just use Autoglym SRP and a good wax such as Collinite or FK1000p so protect it, you don't really need a cutting polish now. If you do a mild cut menzerna polish works well. Seeing as the paint has been restored just wax it every 3 months or so and keep it washed regularly in between, and perhaps give it a polish twice a year or something.

I've got some pics in my GT thread of the finish using Menzerna and FK1000p wax

Edited by Amjad

As above, autoglym srp or the other one cant remember the name, and extra gloss protection work pretty well. Autoglym hd wax is also pretty good.

Need to do mine again soon so will be looking at some other considerations

Been using meguires recently and that comes up pretty good but prefer autoglym personally

May as well post this in here (only did the bonnet in this pic). Excuse the stone chips, this is the finish with my products, and of course it pops like crazy in the sun..

28f3e5dc.jpg

Edited by Amjad

Wash it regularly, if it really needs a polish then yeah polish it, then seal it with a good wax/sealant. Then top up wax every 3 months or so and only polish when it starts to look dull

black hole is meant to be awesome basically the same concept as autoglym srp its just a filler and fills all the swirls/scratches been meaning to try it for ages

I highly recommend the autobrite stuff that Dean sells on hear that is very good stuff and imo better than the autoglym and mags stuff so easy to use and makes so little dust its unreal!! I use cherry glaze polish with a topping of dodo juice wax. I have yet to attack it with the machine polisher tho with the autobrite restore stuff that might be todays job!

polishes will bring back shine - these tend to have cutting powers - no protection in these so need a wax/sealent adding.

glazes - very little protection, little/no cutting as full of fillers to bring out shine and mask swirls/scratches need topping with wax/sealent .

personally on black, if its allready been detailed the paintwork should be in pretty decent condition look for a good glaze - prima amigo is probably one of the best glazes out their for a dark coloured car, and poorboys black hole is also very good.

Ive used some of the autobrite stuff (but not polish/wax) so cant comment on how good their stuff.

If your using a glaze,it will bring and add gloss/shine/depth/wetness to the paintwork however there will be no protection in there, so it will deteriate over the coming weeks, if you add a wax/sealent thsi will prolong the finish for multiple weeks/months. Some people like to layer a sealent and then a wax on top - all down to personal preference. as amjad suggested fk1000p is a fantastic sealent, will add protection to the finish for a couple of months, plus its got a very high heat rating so great for alloy wheel protection too.

Edited by Danb

oh you will also find then when you have waxed it, cleaning the car is much easier, dirt doesnt cling to the car, often just falls off the paintwork under a hose pipe.

you may then want to get some quick detailer - im like the autofinesse finale at the moment, after washing/drying spray this and wipe off, tops up the protection and adds bit more depth :)

Edited by Danb

autobrite cherry glaze then meguiars gold class paste wax, it will come up amazing,

After a machine polish these car were finished off with the cherry glaze and meguiares wax, there not the best of pics as they were from my phone.

IMG_0508_zpsb36841fb.jpg

IMG_0510_zps954271b0.jpg

IMG_0511_zpsd28d9b81.jpg

IMG_0538_zps98da608c.jpg

IMG_0539_zps64523713.jpg

IMG_0540_zps6e0ac227.jpg

Here are my cars after Menzerna polish treatment and 2 layers of Collinite (they would look even better had I used FK1000p at the time, excuse the dust on the front of the GT)

DSC05532_zpsbd07a8c4.jpg

DSC05533_zpsf750831d.jpg

DSC05537_zps9908b768.jpg

DSC05849_zps8237eabd.jpg

DSC05851_zps3e088ab9.jpg

DSC05859_zpsdec90827.jpg

DSC05861_zpscd7034b8.jpg

DSC05833_zpsdb17deeb.jpg

DSC05867_zps27d10dd5.jpg

If you want to 'bring back shine' like you stated then the best way to go about it would be to get yourself a DA polisher.

If you want further help, let me know, but I'm not going to type out the exact steps if you're not interested in getting one!

I'd always recommend claying before using any type of polish, this removes contaminants that will be on the surface which you'll only rub in once you begin polishing.

Never had a black car, so can't show you any pictures of how it'd look, however I can tell you that black looks better than any other colour when done properly, here's my grey cars:

WuwSRf2.jpg

6JOjO.jpg

Tbfpl.jpg

Edited by Bildo